Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mobile Phones - What Are You Currently Using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, some people collect watches. I like phones.
    While these might be quite pricey as phones, they are not even close to the prices of some of the finer watches.

Some people think of Vertus as glorified Nokias, but I disagree. The built is very good, sound quality is excellent, and last (much much) longer than regular cellphones. And yes, they look quite nice!

The only downside is having to ship them back to UK for any repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Did I just came out as a phonaholic?
      I was just wondering when you were going to chime in

Comment

After realising that I'm too lazy half the time to use even a quarter of the features on my phone, I'll be focusing on size and functional designs when I get my next phone. The W900's design is rather impractical, especially when traveling with lots of hand luggage. And the multiple features mean the phone is prone to freezing so the really useful features like email are useless. Bring on the blackberry. But hey I got the W900 virtually free from my provider (to keep me from straying to a competitor) so I'm not complaining.
        Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 November 2006, 02:16 PM.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Motorola Razor whatever, and hating it. I hate the clunkiness of the SMS function (too many button pushes). When the time comes to upgrade my phone (which will be free, given the amount I bill because of work), I will find search for the models endorsed by the others here (well, maybe not the Vertu ). Thanks to all for the recommendations.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I swore not to ever buy any Motorola ever again, only to have the Pebble won my heart over with its looks. Couldn't stand its software and at the end gave it to my wife.

Comment

I have some sort of Nokia. I have to say I've not really got into mobile phones all I use mine for is calls and texts so any phone will do me.

Comment

Motorola make terrible phones. Terrible, just horrendous UI.

Motorola phones are aerodynamically good. PEBLs are good for skipping across water. RAZRs and SLVRs are good at spinning in a helix when thrown through the air.

NOTE: I have not tried this.

Comment

But then again, some Motorola users like my sister think that Sony Ericsson and Nokia is harder to use!

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    After realising that I'm too lazy half the time to use even a quarter of the features on my phone, I'll be focusing on size and functional designs when I get my next phone. The W900's design is rather impractical, especially when traveling with lots of hand luggage. And the multiple features mean the phone is prone to freezing so the really useful features like email are useless. Bring on the blackberry. But hey I got the W900 virtually free from my provider (to keep me from straying to a competitor) so I'm not complaining.
                    Hi... am using the W900i and I gotta agree on the freezing... Has happened quite a few times.... will be changing to the SE Z610i next month and then the N95 when it comes out...

Comment

Sony Ericsson W800i (mainline) + Sony ericsson T68 (very old) (GF line) and Nokia 6600 (second line).
                      There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                      If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

I've been using the Motorola E1000 for a few years from when 3G became widely available in the UK.

I don't like the phone/UI/etc but see no current need to replace it as (i) the triband/3G means it's worked in all of the countries I've been to including Japan; and (ii) it does its job (together with a Palm T3) of collecting my e-mails on the road.

Comment

I am currently in the process of changing from a Motorola Razr (one of the worst phones I've ever had ) to a Nokia 6280. I also have a Blackberry but the carting around of the two of them is now beginning to annoy me greatly.

Comment

Treo 650. I like all the features but wish it were less bulky (of course, then I would probably be complaining about the even tinier keyboard).

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              I am currently in the process of changing from a Motorola Razr (one of the worst phones I've ever had ) to a Nokia 6280. I also have a Blackberry but the carting around of the two of them is now beginning to annoy me greatly.
                              I have the phone mentioned above, a BlackBerry and a Palm Tungsten V. My more technologically-astute colleague promised me he would teach me a thing or two about convergence.
                              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Samsung Z540V (great screen) as well as my Sony Ericsson T68i (3 yrs old!!!).

I am dying to try out the 3G video call on the Samsung? Any takers?

Comment

Working...
                                X