• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CGK View Post
    Well 20" gray color is on sale.
    How much is it?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      How much is it?
      USD399 according to the website. Plus tax of course.

http://www.tumi.com/summer_sale/trav...0032230&Nao=36

Comment

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
        ...now that is nice! Shame the price tag is way over budget for me personally (almost equivalent to a return Economy ticket LHR-SIN) Lovely though!

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
          ...now that is nice! Shame the price tag is way over budget for me personally (almost equivalent to a return Economy ticket LHR-SIN) Lovely though!
          Ah! but then it last a long time. Consider it a long term investment

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            9V-JKL is right, it does last a lifetime. i can get 20% off of it nickbot- which probably means 50% off when compared to London prices ...same goes for you cgk if you're interested in that particular model, or any other model that you want but is not on sale. I go everywhere with mine. two nights ago, i had a train of tumi gen 4 stretching five cars (expandable worldwide trip up front, followed by the 3-in-1 wheelaway garment bag, extra large wheeled duffle, large wheeled duffle and the 20" international carry-on as the kaboose- all connected by the wonderful tumi luggage connectors). I had to bring back a lot of things for friends- but i got so many looks of awe from other passengers waiting in lines- it was a sight to behold! i will be in LA and SF between July 5-8, and can pick it up then.... i'm sure i can arrange with a fellow SQTalker to have it picked up and delivered to you at a future do. let me know!

Comment

two nights ago, i had a train of tumi gen 4 stretching five cars (expandable worldwide trip up front, followed by the 3-in-1 wheelaway garment bag, extra large wheeled duffle, large wheeled duffle and the 20" international carry-on as the kaboose- all connected by the wonderful tumi luggage connectors). I had to bring back a lot of things for friends- but i got so many looks of awe from other passengers waiting in lines- it was a sight to behold!
              Now that was a photo op.
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Ah! but then it last a long time. Consider it a long term investment
                The G4 rollaways are indeed tougher than those from the previous generation.
                With the previous generation, I always have pieces coming off from one of the check-in bags. My first ever check-in Tumi is now R.I.P. from my LAX trip.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Now that was a photo op.
                  next time i will definitely make sure to get a picture! I am such a tumiaholic. i really love seeing the gen 4 on the bigscreen- it always looks so stylish... most recently was the holiday, where ms. diaz is using the expandable worldwide and the expandable medium trip.

Comment

When I grow up I want a tumi too! :thumps on table:
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                      With the previous generation, I always have pieces coming off from one of the check-in bags. My first ever check-in Tumi is now R.I.P. from my LAX trip.
                      After you told me of the beating the older generation received and the necessary surgeries in SIN , I held off on buying.
                      I am such a tumiaholic.
                      The confession of quite a number of SQTalkers.
                      i really love seeing the gen 4 on the bigscreen- it always looks so stylish... most recently was the holiday, where ms. diaz is using the expandable worldwide and the expandable medium trip.
                      And a movie fan? I know someone based in the Midwest who can identify with that.

(P.S. re Ms Diaz -- I love her!)
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

(P.S. re Ms Diaz -- I love her!)
                        And yes, she is very friendly and kind. Crossed path with her few time in LHR Concorde Room.

Comment

The confession of quite a number of SQTalkers.
                          I can't recall my last U.S. trip with zero Tumi purchase.
                          Added three pcs to my Tumi family the past trip.
                          But a part of my 20" LXT fell off (I think on UA LAX-SFO ) and now will have to request for a replacement part.

Comment

I can't recall my last U.S. trip with zero Tumi purchase.
                            Added three pcs to my Tumi family the past trip.
                            But a part of my 20" LXT fell off (I think on UA LAX-SFO ) and now will have to request for a replacement part.
                            hi starg... what do you think of the LXT? I like the look, but I was told the wheels are not nearly as sturdy as the gen 4, so i've stuck with that. your feedback is most beneficial.

Comment

I think it is a great piece. I fell in love with it more after I bought it. Was hesitating at Neiman Marcus but thought knowing myself, it was better to buy it then regret it than not buy it then regret it.

Yes the wheels feel more fragile than the Gen 4. But it is not as if the airports are off road tracks. They are okay for me.
                              Last edited by StarG; 22 June 2007, 02:23 PM.

Comment

I think it is a great piece. I fell in love with it more after I bought it. Was hesitating at Neiman Marcus but thought knowing myself, it was better to buy it then regret it than not buy it then regret it.

Yes the wheels feel more fragile than the Gen 4. But it is not as if the airports are off road tracks. They are okay for me.
                                thanks so much! i'll definitely give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X