Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nosy AVOD Survey: What Did You Watch/Listen/Play on your recent fllights?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B727 View Post
    Just watched the Farewell to the B747 documentary on my SQ 975

I laughed when they ran the ad clip showing the Singapore Girl as a gigantic figure towering over a black and white New York skyline, taking on King Kong and holding him in the palm of her hand (presumably to show him that KrisWorld is the King of Inflight Cinema )

Must watch this. Hope it's still on in May. Having a rest from long haul till then!!

I cried when I saw the Singapore Girl plating elegant petits fours and carving a beautiful slice of chateaubriand, knowing I will never experience trolley plating on SQ again (but grateful in the knowledge that my final dessert and cordials trolley service happened as recently as April 2009 on SQ 17, served by a legendary SQ IFS no less)

I reminisced about flying the B747-200 Super B (SIN-BAH-FCO and an ikan kurau fish dinner), the B747-300 Big Top (LAX-HNL-TPE-SIN and a mixed grill for breakfast), and the B747-400 Mega Top (HKG-SIN and the yummiest inflight yeung chow fried rice ever!)
    Did you take pictures? You should post them if you did.

Watched Planeat on recent SIN-PVG-SIN. My diet has changed since watching it

Comment

Originally posted by B727 View Post
      Just watched the Farewell to the B747 documentary on my SQ 975

I laughed when they ran the ad clip showing the Singapore Girl as a gigantic figure towering over a black and white New York skyline, taking on King Kong and holding him in the palm of her hand (presumably to show him that KrisWorld is the King of Inflight Cinema )

I cried when I saw the Singapore Girl plating elegant petits fours and carving a beautiful slice of chateaubriand, knowing I will never experience trolley plating on SQ again (but grateful in the knowledge that my final dessert and cordials trolley service happened as recently as April 2009 on SQ 17, served by a legendary SQ IFS no less)

I reminisced about flying the B747-200 Super B (SIN-BAH-FCO and an ikan kurau fish dinner), the B747-300 Big Top (LAX-HNL-TPE-SIN and a mixed grill for breakfast), and the B747-400 Mega Top (HKG-SIN and the yummiest inflight yeung chow fried rice ever!)
      yeah, this caught my attention during my recent flight. the rest of the documentary options doesn't look good. i also looked at the clip on how they dismantle and scrap a B747.. hehe
      Last edited by slacker; 6 April 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

post deleted
        Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 05:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          Did you take pictures? You should post them if you did
          Unfortunately, I wasn't much of a photo buff back then (still not these days, but working on it), 9V-SIA But many of the memories have been cerebro-digitally recorded into my brain

Originally posted by SQtraveller View Post
          I watched Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol on SIN-DPS. Unfortunately we landed before it finished. I assume the good guys won?
          Haven't watched the last one yet--is it the one where Tom Cruise scales the Burj Al Khalifa?

Originally posted by slacker View Post
          i also looked at the clip on how they dismantle and scrap a B747.. hehe
          Oohh, I gotta watch this one too

So far, this month, on my SQ 970, listened to the Hindi hits channel. On my CI 66, watched Flying Swords of Dragon Gate (and fell asleep in the process ) followed by a Taiwanese film, The Spin Kid on my CI 18
          Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Just watched Jiro Dreams of Sushi on HA 11 equipped with the A330-200 AVOD system this week. On that same flight, also watched an episode of Bravo TV's Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with scenes shot on HA's LAX-HNL flight as well as the Premier Club Lounge at LAX.

Bravo TV's reality shows seem to be popular on US airlines as UA 268 screened an episode of Million Dollar Listings New York this past weekend

Earlier this month, managed to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel on SQ 973 which I then finished watching on SQ 976 Also on SQ, watched a Brasilian film, Os Três, on SQ 2 two months ago

On CI 18 last month watched Zhang Yimou's The Flowers of War starring Christian Bale

Comment

On my CI 004 this month, watched Almanya (dir. Yasemin Samdereli), Hemingway & Gellhorn (starring Clive Owen & Nicole Kidman), and Snow White & The Huntsman

Also listened to the Taiwanese Hits Gold audio channel

Comment

Goods selection this month.

Watched Avengers ( and Jiro Dreams Of Sushi at the same time on wife's screen! ) & MIB3 on my way to London.

Prometheus and Battleship on the way back.

Missed them on the big screen.
                Last edited by 9V-SIA; 18 September 2012, 06:32 PM.

Comment

On KIX-SIN yesterday,

Total Recall: not as good as the Arnie version

Brave: animation is getting frighteningly good

Game Change: about Sarah Palin in 2004 US Presidential Election

Comment

[...] Brave: animation is getting frighteningly good

Game Change: about Sarah Palin in 2004 US Presidential Election
                    Frighteningly good they are getting...but losing charm. I still prefer a good old fashioned cartoon...

Wasn't Sarah Palin McCain's running mate in 2008?
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Total Recall: not as good as the Arnie version
                      I fell asleep watching this today and missed the last half hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                        Frighteningly good they are getting...but losing charm. I still prefer a good old fashioned cartoon...
                        I guess they're cheaper to make & "easier to control" than the likes of say, Lindsey Lohan

Wasn't Sarah Palin McCain's running mate in 2008?
                        She was.

Hilarious movie ( under TV not Movie selection of Krisworld ) about how they picked her, how they realized too late that she was ill equipped to become US President, and how she "went rogue".

Must watch if you have an interest in US politics.

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                        I fell asleep watching this today and missed the last half hour.
                        Don't bother. Unless you like to watch a cat fight between the 2 yummy actresses

Comment

Last week in a KLM flight to KL , American Pie : Reunion , " truly uncensored " LOL

Comment

watch 2.5 movies this return flight from Inchon.... all chinese,..... 1 is Cold War, which I watch half way on way to Inchon, two love stories in chinese..... one is Viva Baseball and the other is Born to Love You.........

both stories I felt something strabge, the main plot is about how this young gal fell in love with this older guy....... age difference is more then 20 ..... both same story line, the gal was a fan of this guy when she was a teen or young gal, (first male lead is a baseball player.... then the other the male lead is a singer)... then when she grew up, she never did get out of the fantasies and finally met the more mature guy... and live happily ever after, with both set of parents approval.....

Well,.........

Viva Baseball

A baseball player’s career ends abruptly after an unfair baseball game. He hopes to start his life over by becoming a coach of a high school baseball team.

Genre: Comedy/Drama
                            Runtime: 120 Mins
                            Director: Yin Chi
                            Cast: H. Shaochi, C. Tsaishi
                            Languages: Mandarin, English Subtitles
                            MPAA Rating: PG

Born To Love You

A young band girl falls in love with a middle-aged ex-band member. Will they have a happy ending?

Genre: Romance/Comedy
                            Runtime: 105 Mins
                            Director: Hu Chongxi
                            Cast: Julian Cheung, Mini Fu
                            Languages: Mandarin, Cantonese, English Subtitles
                            MPAA Rating: PG-13

This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

On NRT-SIN last weekend, caught up with movies I'd missed on the big screen

Jack Reacher: Entertaining

Life Of Pi: very slow. Makes the flight pass even slower

Bourne Legacy: up to the standards of the Bourne franchise

Also noticed the "red eye TV selections" have been expanded.

Entire seasons of popular TV series are being shown. eg
                              Season 1 & 2 Games Of Thrones
                              2 seasons of Friends
                              2 seasons of Big Bang Theory

Comment

Disagree on the Bourne Legacy - fell far short of expectations for me. Total rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                                X