SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ-Operated, Partner and Contract Lounges

Old 26th June 2008, 07:02 AM   #1
SQ LPP
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP2

Default [SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Schedule to open 1 July 2008.
Suites and First Class pax on Singapore Airlines only.
SQ LPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 07:08 AM   #2
taipeiflyer
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ LPP View Post
Schedule to open 1 July 2008.
Suites and First Class pax on Singapore Airlines only.
rubbish! what an insult to TPPS and LPPS, flying J or Y.
taipeiflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 07:30 AM   #3
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

What's the difference between that and the "Regular SKL F?"
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 08:56 AM   #4
SQ LPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer View Post
rubbish! what an insult to TPPS and LPPS, flying J or Y.
They are still allowed to be at the current SKL F.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQflyergirl View Post
What's the difference between that and the "Regular SKL F?"
At the moment SKL F is for Suites and First pax, as well as Solitaire traveling on SQ/MI in J and Y, and also for Star Alliance First Class pax. Thus, with "The Private Room," (it will be abbreviated as TPR )it will only be Suites and First Class BP holders only.
Old 26th June 2008, 08:57 AM   #5
UMD
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ-TPP, GA-Plat

So what will SQ call SKL F at T3? Surely, none of the F pax will be hanging out there once this private room is open. This will make us TPPS/LPPS flying SQ on J or Y look like a bunch of outcasts. May I therefore suggest that we call the current SKL F at T3 "The Outcast Solitaire" lounge?

I am disappointed with this decision but I guess SQ has every rights to do what it wants with its loyalty program including killing it every single chance that it has.
UMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 09:07 AM   #6
jhm

Quote:
At the moment SKL F is for Suites and First pax, as well as Solitaire traveling on SQ/MI in J and Y, and also for Star Alliance First Class pax. Thus, with "The Private Room," (it will be abbreviated as TPR )it will only be Suites and First Class BP holders only.
I think SQfg meant to ask what's inside TPR ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD View Post
So what will SQ call SKL F at T3? Surely, none of the F pax will be hanging out there once this private room is open. This will make us TPPS/LPPS flying SQ on J or Y look like a bunch of outcasts. May I therefore suggest that we call the current SKL F at T3 "The Outcast Solitaire" lounge?
It's really no different from the LHR T5 Galleries First lounge (BA golds and other OW emeralds) and the Concorde Room (BA premiers, CCR cardholders and BA F only).
jhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Kiwi
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ mystery reprieve

A similar setup as LH at FRA and MUC, or BA at LHR, except I guess TPR will not be as good as LH FCL/FCT and SKL F will not admit *G (unless in F) whereas LH F/SEN does. I hope they don't end up taking the worst bits of the BA and LH lounges and ignoring the best bits.
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 09:19 AM   #8
SQ LPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhm View Post
Well, you guys have seen the pictures inside, unless they have redecorated the place. I have asked nickbot to take pictures, unless someone else passing through earlier!
Old 26th June 2008, 09:38 AM   #9
UMD
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ-TPP, GA-Plat

Quote:

It's really no different from the LHR T5 Galleries First lounge (BA golds and other OW emeralds) and the Concorde Room (BA premiers, CCR cardholders and BA F only).
But at least BA is trying very hard to make a nice Galleries First lounge (as far as I can tell from the pictures) for its BA golds and OW emeralds. SQ did not even try with its current SKL F at T3. To add to the injury, the location of this TPR is actually inside the SKL F at T3. The F section will soon be very noisy and busy with R / F pax (I expect those flying F out of T2 flights will join as well) passing through to enter this TPR.
UMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 09:51 AM   #10
nickbot
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: UA Plat, IC Plat Amb

Quote:
Well, you guys have seen the pictures inside, unless they have redecorated the place. I have asked nickbot to take pictures, unless someone else passing through earlier!
I will certainly take pics and post on July 6th - maybe nickbot, the most unlikely SQ F pax on the board, will get the SQTalk scoop on this one
nickbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 12:55 PM   #11
SQflyergirl
SQTalk Founder

Programs: Kali inilah!

Quote:
Actually I meant both - as in, what's inside the TPR and also how does the entry requirement differ from "regular SKL F" - both of which have been answered thanks
SQflyergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 03:04 PM   #12
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

At last !!!. It's only taken them 6 months, after it was all but finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMD View Post
But at least BA is trying very hard to make a nice Galleries First lounge (as far as I can tell from the pictures) for its BA golds and OW emeralds. SQ did not even try with its current SKL F at T3.
Exactly. If the lounge they provide for the top tier FFP members of their so called 'more exclusive' () programme wasn't so poor, it wouldn't really matter. But as it's crap, it does. As you say, they don't even seem to have tried with the current SKL F.

Bearing in mind how they seem to completely miss the point with lounges, I can't wait to see what they've spent 6 months doing to make this new place special. We know it's got tarmac views, so that's something I suppose. I'm not expecting much else, although I am hoping to be pleasantly surprised, or shocked maybe...
MAN Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 03:58 PM   #13
StarG
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP24, CX DM, DL P, GA CB, WOH LGLOB, HH D, SPG G, Hertz P

It's about time they open that part of the SKL.
Hopefully there is some added features/services on the other side of the "F & R only" entry requirement.
StarG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 04:40 PM   #14
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Well, at least we now know the answer to SQ LPP's questions. I wonder what they've changed in there...

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=54
MAN Flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2008, 05:14 PM   #15
SQOZflyer
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: SQ TPP, OZ Club, MPC, KE Skypass, Hyatt

Interessting... at least they show common sense by letting in both, Suites and regular First passengers... but I can absolutely understand that TPPs and LPPs will not be pleased by the decision...

I really hope that the Dom will see a comeback in the TPR... after alienating thousands of loyal TPP and LPP customers, they better offer F pax something special... otherwise the only effect the new room will have is to pi** off loyal customers which can't be good for SQ in the long term...
SQOZflyer is offline   Reply With Quote