SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > SQ-Operated, Partner and Contract Lounges

Old 9th October 2014, 07:30 PM   #31
yflyer
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS LPP3

Programs: Krisflyer/Star Gold

Just passed through Hong Kong today. The SQ lounge is still under renovation.

I went by and it was still boarded up with a letter up on the wall on SQ letterhead, stating the the lounge will re-open "in October", and listing the available alternate lounges (Plaza Premium Lounge, and for Star Gold members, the United Club and TG Lounge).

I could hear construction noise from within the lounge so it appears there is still work in progress.
yflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 09:33 PM   #32
yflyer

According to this SQ press release from yesterday, the new SQ lounge in HKG will reopen on 31 October.
Old 27th October 2014, 06:25 PM   #33
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yflyer View Post
I never thought I would ever see anyone use that smiley to describe that grim windowless box that is the SKL at HKG. I am sure they will have given it the usual / current 'upgrade', which will undoubtedly make it a better place, but it will still be in the same location, which is dreadful.
Old 28th October 2014, 02:27 AM   #34
hjerapa
SQTalk PPS Club

Anyone knows if they will have toilets inside like the old lounge instead of the current one with no toilets ?
hjerapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2014, 04:20 AM   #35
yflyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAN Flyer View Post
I never thought I would ever see anyone use that smiley to describe that grim windowless box that is the SKL at HKG. I am sure they will have given it the usual / current 'upgrade', which will undoubtedly make it a better place, but it will still be in the same location, which is dreadful.
The smiley was more to celebrate the fact that it was finally about to open...the last time I transited HKG at the start of October, I trekked all the way to the lounge to check if it was open, and it was all boarded up.

I much prefer airport lounges with a view too. I normally just treat the SQ HK lounge as a pitstop. I am in there for the least possible time, just for food and drinks, before I head outside again. Whereas if I were flying Oneworld through HKG, I would plan for long transit stops just to spend an extended period of time in any of the excellent CX lounges...
Old 2nd November 2014, 01:50 AM   #36
ek&sq
SQTalk PPS Club

Some photos of the revamped facility here

http://www.businesstraveller.asia/as...rlines-silverk

and here

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...g-kong-airport
ek&sq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 05:49 PM   #37
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON
Default New Silverkris Lounge HKG: First Class

Just newly opened and was curious to see how HKG would compare to SYD. Result: No comparison, Sydney wins hands down.

The lounge is pretty small and doesn't display the elegance of the Sydney one. Yes, you will find elements of the new concept but it's more like how do I get ten different things in a room that has only space for five?

Staff here is incredibly uninspired and unmotivated - no pride in offering a new lounge, zero customer service attitude, no smile on record. To make matters worse, no supervisor around and absolutely no interest in how people like the lounge or service.

Disappointing.
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2014, 07:23 PM   #38
jammed
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF, EK, QF, DJ

Toilets inside?
jammed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 03:31 AM   #39
MAN Flyer
SQTalk Founder

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, SPG Life Plat, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Dia

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post
Just newly opened and was curious to see how HKG would compare to SYD. Result: No comparison, Sydney wins hands down.

The lounge is pretty small and doesn't display the elegance of the Sydney one. Yes, you will find elements of the new concept but it's more like how do I get ten different things in a room that has only space for five?
Not a surprise. It was obvious what 'kit' they would put in there, but it's a new location it needs more than anything else.

Quote:
Staff here is incredibly uninspired and unmotivated - no pride in offering a new lounge, zero customer service attitude, no smile on record. To make matters worse, no supervisor around and absolutely no interest in how people like the lounge or service.

Disappointing.
That's a shame, and totally different to the SYD staff when the SKL there reopened. My sister was in there straight after it reopened and she said the staff made a hell of a fuss of them and were asking them what they thought of everything in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammed View Post
Toilets inside?
Old 5th November 2014, 10:26 AM   #40
Durian
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: ex-PPS, ex-SQ Gold, ex-Silver, now Blue !

Anyway, that was a lost case from the beginning... spending millions would not change the worst feature of that lounge... absence of natural light...
Durian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 11:29 AM   #41
SMK77
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: SQ PPS, BA Gold, LH HON

I was already three times in the Sydney lounge and staff in the F lounge was always great: enthusiastic, anticipating and 100% attentive.

I can do without natural light. I am not a fan of the limited space. But bad service is something that SQ need to fix: it's their signature trademark
SMK77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2014, 07:12 PM   #42
concept|infinit
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMK77 View Post

Disappointing.
Sounds like the service everywhere in Hongkong.. i thought sevice in Singapore was bad till I went to HK. But of course SQ should have better service staff.

Still looking forward to check out the lounge when I'm there in a few weeks
concept|infinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 12:01 AM   #43
hjerapa
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammed View Post
Toilets inside?
I went on monday, and at least there are toilets inside !! it sure beats the regular toilets and so inconvenient to have had to take your luggage with you to go to the toilet and go back inside....
hjerapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 01:32 PM   #44
milehighj
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS

Programs: I/we live on many planes. But on the last flight that mattered, my seat number was 2A.

Considering all the hullabaloo about their new architects/IDA and look, I can't be more underwhelmed... Good to have the loos back, but seriously the entrance lacks any sense of "entrance". Just a sad desk leading to a dark corridor...

By contrast, CX's new HND lounge sets a standard for regional lounges. Nice design, view, food-to-order for all, managed by Okura, in a joint F/J lounge. Come to think of it, I'd be pleased to have it as a home city lounge...
milehighj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2014, 01:54 PM   #45
SQGamespeed
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: KF Gold, MPC Gold, FB Silver, NZ, A3*G, OW, SPG Plat

Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighj View Post
Considering all the hullabaloo about their new architects/IDA and look, I can't be more underwhelmed... Good to have the loos back, but seriously the entrance lacks any sense of "entrance". Just a sad desk leading to a dark corridor...

By contrast, CX's new HND lounge sets a standard for regional lounges. Nice design, view, food-to-order for all, managed by Okura, in a joint F/J lounge. Come to think of it, I'd be pleased to have it as a home city lounge...
A more immediate contrast would be the new QF lounge just above the SKL, as detailed in a recent thread. For one thing WINDOWS and the apron outside are visible.

Thanks for the info about the new HND lounge. Will check it out the next time I'm there.
SQGamespeed is offline   Reply With Quote