No announcement yet.

BTC ex-NRT in C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all the times I've flown this in C I don't think I have ever not had hanagoyomi, so I can't comment on the other choices. Hanagoyomi, however, I love. The Japanese meal options on NZ ex-Japan pale in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
      In all the times I've flown this in C I don't think I have ever not had hanagoyomi, so I can't comment on the other choices. Hanagoyomi, however, I love. The Japanese meal options on NZ ex-Japan pale in comparison.
      Hanagoyomi looks very pretty. But what is in it exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Hanagoyomi looks very pretty. But what is in it exactly?
        Depending on the menu or seasons. Here is the example from what had been posted in SQ Menu thread:

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        Light meal - Hanagoyomi
        Green soya beancurd, salmon roes
        Grilled soya and sake flavoured beef steak
        Simmered eel with lotus root, asparagus
        Eel sushi
        Eggplant sushi
        Pickled vegetable maki
        Miso soup
        Assorted seasonal fruit
        Japanese sweet
        Green tea

Dinner - Hanagoyomi
        Pike eel terrine, yam, soya bean, eel roll
        Cucumber and salmon roll, octopus eggs, miso eggplant, river shrimp
        Grilled ayu fish fillet, green gourd with sesame sauce
        Wintermelon stuffed with prawn in ginger sauce
        Deep fried horse mackerel in vinegar sauce, grilled leek
        Octopus, grilled eggplant, baby lady finger
        Lotus root sushi
        Glutinous rice with sweet potato
        Steamed rice with anchovies and sweet chilli
        Miso soup
        Somen
        Haagen Dazs macadamia ice cream with chocolate sauce
        Green tea

Originally posted by Bon View Post
        Hanagoyomi

Kuchitori
        Anglerfish liver, citrus jelly, grated radish

Yakimono
        Grilled miso flavoured black cod

Takiawase
        Simmered chicken with winter vegetables

Gohan
        Salmon gizzard shad sushi
        Shrimp with beancurd skin sushi
        Pickled vegetable maki

Tome-***
        Miso soup

Mizumono
        Assorted seasonal fruit
        Japanese sweet

Ocha
        Green tea

Hanagoyomi

Ha-Sun
        Crabmeat with turnip, semi dried cod roe

Kuchitori
        Simmered sliced duck, Japanese parsley with sesame seeds

Yakimono
        Grilled kinome flavoured rainbow trout, semi dried shiitake mushroom

Aemono
        Squid, spring onion and yam jelly in miso mustard dressing

Sunomono
        Marinated sea bream rolled with seaweed, spinach

Takiawase
        Simmered beancurd skin with carrot, shimeji mushroom

Gohan
        Pickled turnip sushi, yuzu compote
        Steamed rice with short neck clam
        Steamed rice with salted salmon

Tome-***
        Miso soup

Men
        Cold udon noodles

Mizugashi
        Maple walnut ice cream

Ocha
        Green tea

SQ11D LAX-NRT-SIN (LQ/LMQ/DQ) 3-2.1 02 RC

Comment

Thanks for providing the menus, SQLPP. I should have done a proper search myself.

Menu looks good. Expensive stuff. I'd strongly advise my mom to eat that. The choice is up to her really, since she may not appreciate Japanese. Besides after a whole week of Japanese, she might be rather sick of it. I'm sat in Y so I can't help her finish up. Maybe I'd ask her to doggy bag them for me.

Comment

Thanks for providing the menus, SQLPP. I should have done a proper search myself.

Menu looks good. Expensive stuff. I'd strongly advise my mom to eat that. The choice is up to her really, since she may not appreciate Japanese. Besides after a whole week of Japanese, she might be rather sick of it. I'm sat in Y so I can't help her finish up. Maybe I'd ask her to doggy bag them for me.
            Hmm I thought one in F and one in C? Or is that one way only? And the other way around would be one in C and one in Y?
            Well if your mom's most likely doesn't want to eat, you can switch with her during meal service. You go seat on her C seat and enjoying the hanagoyomi, and your mom seat on your Y seat while she enjoys her yor Y meals.
            And BTW, since she is in C, it means that she can have those udon at the NH C lounge... also some sushi and other stuff to make her full...

Comment

Yes the Hanagoyomi meal was indeed delicious (thanks again SQ LPP).

Oh and by way of concluding my OP - the Unagi was v nice. A bit light but tasty and interesting nonetheless.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                Yes the Hanagoyomi meal was indeed delicious (thanks again SQ LPP).

Oh and by way of concluding my OP - the Unagi was v nice. A bit light but tasty and interesting nonetheless.
                You are very welcome.
                It was a pleasure... And yes, I had a wonderful seatmate on that flight! May be that's why I did not have anything to eat.

I always like unagi don. I remember those days I spent in Tokyo and had unagi every day!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  Hmm I thought one in F and one in C? Or is that one way only? And the other way around would be one in C and one in Y?
                  Well if your mom's most likely doesn't want to eat, you can switch with her during meal service. You go seat on her C seat and enjoying the hanagoyomi, and your mom seat on your Y seat while she enjoys her yor Y meals.
                  And BTW, since she is in C, it means that she can have those udon at the NH C lounge... also some sushi and other stuff to make her full...
                  SQ12 - one in F, one in C. SQ631 - one in C, one in Y.
                  Nah, no point swapping seats and meals. I can eat a lot in the NH C lounge myself.

We're staying near Shin-juku. Do you recommend staying at the airport hotel the night before for the morning flight? Or should we just take the first bus/train out the same morning?

The last time jhm took this same SQ flight to BKK (I was on NH! You're right, I always prefer other airlines), we took the earliest bus from the Westin.

Comment

SQ 631?
                    Not my choice! Can't you take other nonstop flight? SQ11 or SQ637?

Comment

Unagi is an aphrodisiac. I was eavesdropping to a conversation in a Jap restaurant and the lady said it increases the sex drive in men, so it is very popular with Japanese men.

A certain gentleman also told me that the eel is rather long and slithery and reminds him of something too.

Comment

SQ 631?
                        Not my choice! Can't you take other nonstop flight? SQ11 or SQ637?
                        I checked for award availability last week but still nothing! I'm not too bothered anyway. Mom can visit BKK airport.

Comment

Unagi is an aphrodisiac. I was eavesdropping to a conversation in a Jap restaurant and the lady said it increases the sex drive in men, so it is very popular with Japanese men.

A certain gentleman also told me that the eel is rather long and slithery and reminds him of something too.
                          Hmm it is definitely a myth. It doesn't work, I believe. That's why it's available to be consumed on board. But so far I have not seen any oysters on board!

Comment

Hmm it is definitely a myth. It doesn't work, I believe. That's why it's available to be consumed on board. But so far I have not seen any oysters on board!
                            Hmm someone just corrected me. SQ serves baked oysters as an appetiser.

Comment

Some more hanagoyomi and kyo kaiseki menus listed here

Comment

We're staying near Shin-juku. Do you recommend staying at the airport hotel the night before for the morning flight? Or should we just take the first bus/train out the same morning?
                                Enjoy Shinjuku. Take the early bus (if a weekday) or train (weekend).
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X