Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
    How will they count revenue from a RTW that has some segments on SQ?
    You are right. How to determine the $$$ value on RTW or other combination tix? And also by using $$$ threshold, PPS would not be strictly for C and F pax. Y run for new PPS anyone?

Comment

Shocking... that's me off. CX anyone?

Comment

I don't post much, if at all - but feel compelled to do so.

I suspect that they're trying to cut PPS numbers hence this move.

It's effing stupid - cutting off your own nose to spite your face, IMHO.

If you have too many PPS members, it's because you have had success at pushing your premium cabins. Not because it's too easy to get.....

If anyone at SQ is reading this - (I highly doubt that though - they're somewhere up in that ivory tower of theirs) - don't change!

Comment

I have canceled my trip for this week. I called SQ reservation in Singapore. She has not heard anything about the news. But she said it's too bad for individual travellers. Of course, premium flyers whose tix paid by the company would not get affected by the news, except the less beneficial lounge priviledge.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
            Of course, premium flyers whose tix paid by the company would not get affected by the news.
            Don't count on it. I too have full control over who i fly - and this golden goose won't be seeing much of me. Gonna go edit the lounge meets thread once my new bookings are sorted!

Comment

You are right. How to determine the $$$ value on RTW or other combination tix? And also by using $$$ threshold, PPS would not be strictly for C and F pax. Y run for new PPS anyone?
              If Y dollars are counted for PPS, that takes a big sting out of the qualification part.

That says NOTHING of the potential furore of reduced benefits. No more guests in SKL?? No more F lounge??

PPS is about the aura of desirability. It's taken 20+ years of brand-building to get here, so I sincerely hope some wet-behind-the-ears SQ managers don't kill PPS in one ill-advised stroke.

Comment

I have also been hearing very similar rumours for a few months now. They have been waiting for final board approval before trying to implement the changes apparently. One or two finer details may get changed or watered down but the proposals are much the same as in post 1.

This would be an extension of their incredible arrogance over the last year or so and if implemented will certainly force me to look around before booking travel, rather than my current habit of doing my utmost to give it to SQ before going elsewhere if that is not possible.

No guests in SKL for QPP's would be outrageous, and unheard of for any top tier FFP members as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

I've heard through the grapevine - So the typical disclaimer applies. Needless to say no written confirmation as yet.:

But here goes:

1. LPPS to be abolished. Dunno what happens to existing LPPS members though.

2 .The PPS miles/sectors system of qual to be abolished. PPS qual by revenue - set at circa $25 000 SGD

3. TPPS benefits to remain the same.

BUT...

4. Significant watering down of QPP:
                  QPP no longer able to bring guests into SKL
                  No more requal bday gifts/vouchers
                  No access to SKL F unless flying F

Anyone else heard anything?
                  As I travel mainly on J, the "few" benefits that I get as a PPS are: entry to SKL F when travelling in J, bringing a guest in and increased luggage allowance. As I have full control over my travel spending, I suspect that attaining PPS is no longer a desirable target and I would be directing my travel spend elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    No guests in SKL for QPP's would be outrageous, ...
                    No more meeting, dating, partying at SKL anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                      If Y dollars are counted for PPS, that takes a big sting out of the qualification part.
                      Agree, it will bad if SQ implements this. The original idea of PPS Club was for premium pax. But I do hope SQ will let the regional office to set the $$$ amount and other criteria accordingly.

Comment

No more dot dot dot!

Comment

No more meeting, dating, partying at SKL anymore?
                          One more party on March 12th so we can drown our sorrows?

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            Don't count on it. I too have full control over who i fly - and this golden goose won't be seeing much of me. Gonna go edit the lounge meets thread once my new bookings are sorted!
                            Understood. We all do have control over who we fly. But I must say it will be so hard to detach myself from the golden goose.

Comment

Originally posted by kpc View Post
                              One more party on March 12th so we can drown our sorrows?
                              Sorry, it won't happen now. I am too sad hearing the news, and decided to cancel the trip. A sincere apology to kpc, LukeGT and J777.

Note: I have to cancel the trip due to an urgent matters to be taken care of.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                                How will they count revenue from a RTW that has some segments on SQ?
                                For accounting purpose, the airlines must already have a long and well-established methodology to allocate each RTW fare among all the airlines that make up each RTW itinerary. (Perhaps by % of miles flown? Are there any financial analysts who work for airlines and can share some insight into the accounting involved?)

Comment

Working...
                                X