Bangkok/Thailand flood warnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok/Thailand flood warnings

Singapore Ministry has issued a travel advisory for travel to Thailand, including Bangkok due to the floods.

Is it really that bad in Central Bangkok area ?

Central BKK area is not that bad. Eastern areas, yes, Ayutthaya area, yes.

Siam-MBK area, Sukhumvit, not really. I asked over the phone with someone staying there and drives daily. It's more like a sprinkling of showers over the main city. When I was there two weekends ago, the rain poured down around 5-8:30pm, then subsided. Nice, clean air after that Saturday and the following Sunday.

Comment

I just saw a friend posting up video of flooding in Sukhumvit...
      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Not sure if it really is 'that' bad but it's obviously bad enough for the locals to be stockpiling.

My other half sent me a few pics of the the supermarket at Central Rama 2 - lots of empty shelves.

Will be interesting to see how the "new" government will handle this...

Comment

I'm staying in Sukhumvit now and there is no flooding here. The rain seems to have died down bit the last couple of days so hopefully the worst is past.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            I just saw a friend posting up video of flooding in Sukhumvit...
            Please send us the link, would love to see!

I'm flying in tonight and will be at the Westin, in case you're up for a midnight drink, Lobster - presume you're at the SGS?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              Please send us the link, would love to see!

I'm flying in tonight and will be at the Westin, in case you're up for a midnight drink, Lobster - presume you're at the SGS?
              Here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG5ie...&feature=share

I am flying in tomorrow afternoon, arriving 1715, but not getting out as I want to watch the big match before catching the midnight flight.

Comment

There is no way that video represents things today. Look at the date the video was uploaded: 23 September 2011 (FOUR Fridays ago)

As Lobster reports from the ground right now, think things'll be OK

Comment

We'll move the discussion about the floods to their own thread.

Comment

I'm at the Westin now. No sign of any flooding anywhere during my journey from the airport into town.

The tarmac looked like there was fresh rain, but that's hardly uncommon.

Comment

my friend posted in fb the link on bkk post saying more rain to come... gosh... hope the rain goes away by saturday... as i am flying there for a week..
                      visit my blog

Comment

It rained very heavily from 5:30-9:30pm today, now it's stopped

Comment

When I arrived today at 1715, I could see many areas around the airport underwater , that was when plane was on approach, and it looks very gloomy with rain clouds all around........ sitting in the lounge, I did did hear thunder....

Comment

Having read a few websites and seen the news I have to say it doens't look good, but the general consensus seems to be that they centre of Bangkok may just get away with it. The next couple of days are crucial.

I'll be keeping an eye on it as I am probably going through BKK next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              , in case you're up for a midnight drink, Lobster - presume you're at the SGS?
                              Sorry I missed this but actually I think I was sound asleep by midnight.

It was looking bad last night with the heavy rain. But it is lovely sunny morning today so we will keep our fingers crossed that it stays that way and gives the water some time to flow away.

Comment

Working...
                              X