No announcement yet.

Where to stay in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am staying at Courtyard Marriott near Platinum mall from Nov19th. Let me know if anyone is in town. Hopefully the riots will simmer down by then ... I arranged for hotel return limo for Thb3000

Comment

Originally posted by sgflight View Post
      Hopefully the riots will simmer down by then ...
      What riots ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        What riots ?.
        Riots is a bit of an overstatement. There are protests about the proposed amnesty bill that would allow a certain brother of the current Prime Minister to return. So there are people out protesting about it. But at the moment not causing disruption to the main touristy areas.

However now the red shirts are planning pro amnesty bill protests as well and there are concerns that the two groups will clash

Comment

Here we go again.
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            Riots is a bit of an overstatement.
            A bit ?.

I am aware of the protests but there have been no riots at all so far. I suggest sgflight lets them actually start rioting before accusing them of it. I am sure we'll here plenty about it if/when they do

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
            Here we go again.
            Indeed.

Comment

The riots aside, THB3000 for the transfer seem like an arm and, maybe throw in a leg.

I hope your ride's a Chrysler 350

Comment

Originally posted by sgflight View Post
                I am staying at Courtyard Marriott near Platinum mall from Nov19th. Let me know if anyone is in town. Hopefully the riots will simmer down by then ... I arranged for hotel return limo for Thb3000
                Courtyard Marriott is not really that near from Platinum mall. It is quite near to Ratchadamri station (near Four Season) and you can use the other alley to go to Langsuan
                visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  A bit ?.

I am aware of the protests but there have been no riots at all so far. I suggest sgflight lets them actually start rioting before accusing them of it. I am sure we'll here plenty about it if/when they do

Indeed.
                  Quite...

Certainly no signs of a riot here, even with Suthep huffing and puffing!

It might get interesting in the next couple of days, but the natives aren't restless yet...

And even if they were to get restless, the Courtyard Mariott's out of the "restless" zone and it's been business as usual in that area for quite a long time...

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, havnt been to bkk for a long long time.

Comment

Working...
                    X