No announcement yet.

Sapporo Japan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes we really wonder why we bother..

Comment

Oops silly me! Sorry

Comment

Sapporo Japan

Street names are really very amazing, but the compass on the stairs of the subway is very good thing but I guess there is no need in it for native citizens

Sapporo seems to be very lovely city, what can you say about Hokkaido?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          I went to Lake Toya, and that took a whole day. If I go again, I'd go to Noboribetsu for the volcano walk. There's also the Lavender farms in Furano, but that's end-July.

If I were you, I'd recommend flying to Abashiri or Kushiro. I've heard you can do ocean-walks where you can eat live uni plucked straight from the ocean. It's what I didn't get to do, but I'm half-considering going again next year to do this. The seafood is awesome in Hokkaido - I'd do a TR but I've got two others to do first before I get to the Japan one. *groan*
          Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Hokkaido is not to be missed for any reason. The seafood will blow your mind. (especially if you've never had fresh uni/sea urchin before)
          Fresh uni and ikura!

Due in part to what you say, Kyo, I find myself (and mother) booked on a CX flight to CTS at the end of this month! We fly out from KIX a week later on NH and will take the the trains to get from Hokkaido to Honshu. Given your TR is still pending, I may have to pick your brains about where to go / what to see / etc. At the moment, I only have a vague idea along the lines of:

Sapporo ==> Hakodate (which I think is on the way ?) ==> Tohoku (NE part of Honshu) ==> Kanto ==> Kansai

Comment

Feel free to pick away next weekend, we might need a big map, in case you're inclined to bring one along to ZRH

Anyway due in part to my raving about Hokkaido, my colleague roped in the rest of her family and went there for Christmas (if you'll recall, during that period it was absolutely freezing), and came back with a cold but they ALL absolutely loved it.

As a result, the SIN-Japan-SIN sectors became their first flights posted to a certain favourite FFP of ours which they'll use for a SE Asian jaunt sometime later this year in J..

Comment

Working...
            X