Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update: TR is completed.

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
    Wow, that's STEEP! More than the cost of the RT airport transfer via the St. Regis Bentley -- which includes JetQuay!
    Right you are - the lady buggy driver even mentioned the the St Regis books its Suites guests into JetQuay as complimentary. Perhaps you need to remind them just how much custom you give SPG? If it's free, then I'd not hesitate to go again, for sure.

Don't even get me started on those sculptures...
    I won't. I don't need to. They're kinda cute actually. The big red one especially.

Originally posted by UMD View Post
    Great report....I am surprised to learn that the hot food selection was so poor and that there's hardly anyone there. The TPR does look good. By the way, excuse me for asking again, how does one get access to Jet Quay? Membership fee?
    I've added on more info about how one gets access in the last post of the TR. In short, anyone can just pay for it - but how much you pay is dependent on whether you have membership status there or not. If you have the right credit card, you save around $20-25 on the entrance fee.

Comment

Very good report.

I miss flying...

Comment

Thanks kyo for sharing

Comment

i always enjoy reading your reports kyo! great pictures and very informative.

Comment

Thanks for that report. So when are we going ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
              HUGE AL: You'll have to wait til I get home tonight... I promise you'll get a special mention.
              Was my special mention hidden?

Right you are - the lady buggy driver even mentioned the the St Regis books its Suites guests into JetQuay as complimentary. Perhaps you need to remind them just how much custom you give SPG? If it's free, then I'd not hesitate to go again, for sure.
              Damn! As they made good money off me not partaking in the comp breakfast, I should have asked about this. Didn't know. And wanted to try the SQ F Check In (totally non-climactic).

I won't. I don't need to. They're kinda cute actually. The big red one especially.
              Naughty Naughty!!

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
              Thanks for that report. So when are we going ?
              Next time I'm in town, I'll check about the possible freebie.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                Very good report.

I miss flying...
                Thank you kindly, but I'm sure you'll be back in the air sooner rather than later!

9V-JKL: Thanks and I hope you and Mrs 9V-JKL can use this TR somehow in the future!

taipeiflyer: You're most kind and I'm sure this Terminal will be unfamiliar to you for only so long. I recall when you waltzed in/out of TPR so quickly - I'm fairly certain lounge food is not your primary concern, so this CIP terminal should suit you perfectly?!
                Was my special mention hidden?
                (Shh.. look at Comment #5...)
                Damn! As they made good money off me not partaking in the comp breakfast, I should have asked about this. Didn't know. And wanted to try the SQ F Check In (totally non-climactic).
                I would've volunteered to assist with breakfast! But being the ever-sacrificing soul that I am, I hereby volunteer in advance to help you with a Skylofts breakfast.
                Naughty Naughty!!
                I can neither confirm nor deny that allegation.
                Next time I'm in town, I'll check about the possible freebie.
                Let me know when you have NH F booked... I'm there!

SQflyergirl: When you stop piking on me!!! A whole year we planned for JetQuay, to no avail...

Comment

SQflyergirl: When you stop piking on me!!! A whole year we planned for JetQuay, to no avail...

I pike NO-one!

Anyway, yes, a whole year planning for JetQuay, but the stars did not align. Hence you know why I'm getting a heads up on our plan - not going to leave it till last minute.
                  Last edited by SQflyergirl; 12 March 2009, 06:44 PM. Reason: *SMS received loud and clear :p*

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                    I pike NO-one!
                    Kyo likes to PIKE!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

I must try to use Jetquay once for a clean sweep of all five arrival/departure "terminals", altho I'm sure I've had to use it before in its previous incarnation.

Comment

If they offered a similar service in LHR, I'm sure people will be willing to pay quite a substantial amount for the experience... There are so many things wrong with the departure/arrival "experience" at LHR that the value-add would be enormous.

Shame the competition for Jetquay is not with the third-world experience of LHR, but instead one of the best organised and run airports in the world. At SIN, I think anyone would struggle to justify the expense on most usage scenarios (except a long transit as Kyo mentioned)

Comment

HUGE AL: No comment!!!

Danny Bhoy: All the best - what previous incarnation are you referring to?

stargold: Let's not forget that as exclusive as the experience is, the hot food offering is downright pathetic. I was tempted to ask a staff to purchase a Burger King meal, actually... but of course, I didn't!

HUGE AL on the other hand...

Comment

I never knew this even existed. Now I'm itching to give it a try too. Does the limo transfer take you right to the jetbridge and you climb up the steps there like the transfer from LH FCT? Would prefer that to the buggy through the terminal I think. I know it's expensive for what it is but to do it once would be nice.

Comment

VC10 Boy - I had previously done a search for 'Jetquay Review' (even before I went to Jetquay) and the result leads to a TR of someone who actually paid the exortionist amount for the 5-minute ride.

I don't think there is a lift like the FCT (have not been there, but said in reference to the nickbot's TR, and I think you very likely have to walk up the stairs.

I'd be quite amused if you documented the whole ride, though, if you were to go for the 'whole JetSide experience'.

Comment

Working...
                              X