Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG miles for KrisFlyer

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I sound a little noob.. I'm currently a KF Elite Silver member with another 40K more to go for both ES re-qualification & EG Qualification.

As I think that I might stop flying SQ for work within the next couple of months, that might be a little difficult. However, I'll be flying TG Q-Class to Auckland in Dec, and I was wondering if the TG's Q-Class will equate SQ's KF Elite Miles and thus clocking into my Elite Gold qualification?

Hope you guys can advise me.. Thanks!
    Life's A Bitch,
    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Originally posted by inix View Post
    However, I'll be flying TG Q-Class to Auckland in Dec, and I was wondering if the TG's Q-Class will equate SQ's KF Elite Miles and thus clocking into my Elite Gold qualification?
    Welcome to SQTalk, inix.

Yes, according to the KrisFlyer accrual table

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...vels_Apr08.pdf

Q booking class on TG will give you 100% miles flown. (It's W booking class that you need to watch out for on TG.)
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      Q booking class on TG will give you 100% miles flown. (It's W booking class that you need to watch out for on TG.)
      Q gives full miles. Credited before. You need to watch for W and V.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
        Q gives full miles. Credited before. You need to watch for W and V.
        Back in 2005, V and W on TG used to clock 100% KF miles. In 2006, it was 50%. Now it's nothing

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I sound a little noob.

No need to ask for forgiveness. Nothing wrong with asking a question! It's the KIA's that annoy me

A warm welcome to SQTalk!

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forum, so forgive me if I sound a little noob.. I'm currently a KF Elite Silver member with another 40K more to go for both ES re-qualification & EG Qualification.

As I think that I might stop flying SQ for work within the next couple of months, that might be a little difficult. However, I'll be flying TG Q-Class to Auckland in Dec, and I was wondering if the TG's Q-Class will equate SQ's KF Elite Miles and thus clocking into my Elite Gold qualification?

Hope you guys can advise me.. Thanks!
            If i am not mistaken, i think the TG miles is not count toward EG qualification.

Perhaps others can clarify on this

Comment

you are mistaken - all miles earned on Star alliance airlines will qualify as elite miles on krisflyer
              My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                you are mistaken - all miles earned on Star alliance airlines will qualify as elite miles on krisflyer
                Great info. i have 2 questions

- Can it accumulate towards PPS qualification as well if travelling on business class
                - Can i use the silver kris lounge if i am on economy class with star alliance partner as PPS.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tris View Post
                  Great info. i have 2 questions

- Can it accumulate towards PPS qualification as well if travelling on business class
                  - Can i use the silver kris lounge if i am on economy class with star alliance partner as PPS.

Thanks!
                  PPS qualification is SQ metal only. Code shares don't count. Meaning: You have to fly only on SQ/MI on F or C to register PPSV. F or C on other airlines do not count, though they count as status miles for ES/EG. Either way, you also get the redeemable miles.

You can use any * lounge if flying on any * carrier when holding *G status with any carrier. PPS is *G, so your answer will be yes. Do watch out though for UA and US FFPs. Their members do not have access to domestic US lounges unless flying on an international itinerary. This rule however, does not apply to FFPs other than UA and US.

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                    You can use any * lounge if flying on any * carrier when holding *G status with any carrier. PPS is *G, so your answer will be yes.
                    To be more precise regarding tris's question, though, PPS is the only *G that will allow access to all SKLs when travelling on a *A airline in Y.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Hi kaysquare, just to check, when flying UA dosmetic, do I get lounge access as KF Gold?

Comment

when flying UA dosmetic, do I get lounge access as KF Gold?
                        Yes, I believe you do.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                          Welcome to SQTalk, inix.

Yes, according to the KrisFlyer accrual table

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...vels_Apr08.pdf

Great.. Thanks.. Now another question would be the bonus tier. As ES, I get 25% bonus tier, so does anyone know if I fly TG Q-Class will I still get the Bonus Tier? I presume not right? Thanks....
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                            No need to ask for forgiveness. Nothing wrong with asking a question! It's the KIA's that annoy me

A warm welcome to SQTalk!
                            Thanks for the welcome... But whats KIA ar???
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

Comment

Great.. Thanks.. Now another question would be the bonus tier. As ES, I get 25% bonus tier, so does anyone know if I fly TG Q-Class will I still get the Bonus Tier? I presume not right? Thanks....
                              No tier bonus on TG. The tier bonus will only be accrued when flying SQ, MI or VS.

http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...litesilver.jsp
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X