No announcement yet.

SFO-SIN-BKK-HKG-SFO (SQ 1-SQ 980-TG 628-SQ 2) J class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love that 2nd last picture. In fact, I may just plan a trip there after seeing these photos. Very nicely done... reminds me of the Maldives... how I wish I could be there now.

Comment

Bangkok

Just as it seemed I was unpacked and getting settled in, it was time to leave BKK. After a month of stifling heat and smog, we had a brief shower 2 days before my departure date and I decided to head out and visit the Grand Palace one final time. The sky was clear blue, with afew wispy clouds rising in the background..... it was a gorgeous day.

My personal favorite pic from this trip is the last one in this series...

I love this last picture, with the reflection of the temple in the background in the water..... tranquil and calm

Comment

Lovely TR. Thanks for sharing.

The fish seem so happy. Some are smiling. Did you see Dory too?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          In fact, I may just plan a trip there after seeing these photos.
          Kyo, if possible try and go during the high season. It'll be abit more crowded, but the weather will more then make up for it. I've been there during the rainy low season, and it's really a hit or miss.. and usually a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post

The fish seem so happy. Some are smiling. Did you see Dory too?
            They should be happy! They have a gorgeous home. But sadly no Dory. Maybe next trip!

Comment

Lie_flat_seatlover, those are some STUNNING pictures of Bangkok. Are you using a filter??? I've never seen it so clear.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                [B] Are you using a filter??? I've never seen it so clear.
                Sawadee Khap HUGE AL, no filters. A brief shower passed through BKK during the previous night to clear away the smog, and the streets temporarily, so I used the opportunity to take some smog free pics and enjoy the sights. I'm using a small Panasonic DMZ-5 point and shoot, and I've been happy w/ the results in well lighted areas.

Lower light conditions are hit and miss. A evening shot latter in the day

Comment

Excellent TR and Fantastic Photos thanks for sharing

Comment

Any idea what species this is? Looks more like a half-formed Birds of Paradise to me. Is it some sort of hybrid?

Originally posted by Lie_flat_seatlover View Post

Edit to add: Just checked. It's not an orchid. Am sure now it's a Bird of Paradise. http://plantsbulbs.suite101.com/arti...paradise_plant
                    Last edited by phaleesy; 7 April 2009, 04:11 AM.

Comment

TG 628, BKK-HKG 3/7/09 Seat 12A

In most cases I prefer TG when leaving from BKK. This is due largely to the fact that they have their own Immigration Fast Track Departure Area, as most of you know. With the addition of the CIP lanes now used by SQ and others, we have more options to consider for future travels.

But getting back to the TR. Check in was a breeze, and I headed for the Departure Area, and the lounge.

Looking back at the TG J Check -in Lobby before going through Immigrations. It's was dead.

Nothing out of the ordinary pre-departure. An hour prior to departure I headed for the gates, last minute duty free shopping and boarded.

An A330 to HKG, and J was about ½ full, and I along w/ most had an empty seat next to me.

We pushed back from C3, and if you take a look at the video link… you’ll see C3 is a A380 friendly as it has 3 jetways. Never noticed it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed4o8upEeMU

The video is from pushback to active runway hold.

More to follow…………………
                      Last edited by Lie_flat_seatlover; 8 April 2009, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X