• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting TR.

Comment

Ah that is life - brought a smile to my face this day

Comment

Nice report. Technically, I've never flown Sri Lankan. I've flown it back in 1989 when it was called Air Lanka, and their fleet were mainly Tristar L1011s and one 747 that they wetleased from QF on a short term basis.

Comment

Flying Sri Lankan next week. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Hilarious post. I should not have read it back when I was at uni ... couldn't really reply any sooner ... I busted laughing out quite loud and my professor actually had to calm me down ... this was when I read the part of the incident of the woman passing over her beef to the unknowing neighbor...
            Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Luke, knowing you, I can imagine the expressions on your face while watching all this. Reading it, I just almost had a "Diet Coke everywhere" moment.
              Originally posted by flo View Post
              ... this was when I read the part of the incident of the woman passing over her beef to the unknowing neighbor...
              +1.

Comment

Fantastic post! like cawhite, I too, almost had a Warsteiner everywhere moment...

Priceless moments like these even Mastercard can't surpass

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  I've only taken UL once from MLE to CMB. They were really cheap in J; the hot food was good (and much better than, e.g., BA Club Europe for such a short flight); the seat was more comfortable than CE; and the lounge at CMB is rather pleasant (with a free massage service albeit you can end up with your top off in full view of everyone else in the lounge! ).

I'm taking UL again in 2 weeks' time as SQ cancelled my CMB-SIN flight on that day so will see how they are like for a longer flight.
                  And UL were absolutely fabulous today. If they're always like this, I wouldn't think twice about flying them in future. Highlights:

* The massage went on for a decent length of time with plenty of hard pressure (after asking if I was okay). One male and one female masseur. The first massage is complimentary (which I would gladly pay for having experienced it) and the second costs US$20 (or equivalent) for 30 minutes.

* I think I took the A330 - three rows of J seats - big, wide and comfortable. Clean and modern cabin.

* A choice of hot and cold towels; and pre-takeoff drinks included a nice mango smoothie.

* Breakfast consisted of fruit, juices, yoghurt and a choice of three mains. The main I had - pol roti with chicken curry and seeni sambal - was very tasty and the sambal packed a punch (the amount of chilli was just starting to induce pain!). (It was a lot tastier than the SQ J nasi lemak I had a few days ago.) Followed by coffee and a very large selection of teas (but this is Sri Lanka after all!).

* The service was discreet, friendly and attentive. The meal items come placed on the tray table (like the SQ service on the A380) and not on a tray.

* I thought the after landing announcement was rather touching. After the usual things which are said, we were all blessed and given best wishes for prosperity and a good life afterwards etc. It didn't sound like a script so perhaps it came from the heart!

* The call bell seemed to sound a lot during the flight but not from the relaxed and content J pax as far as I could tell so perhaps it was all behind...

Comment

Originally posted by flo View Post
                    Hilarious post. I should not have read it back when I was at uni ... couldn't really reply any sooner ... I busted laughing out quite loud and my professor actually had to calm me down ... this was when I read the part of the incident of the woman passing over her beef to the unknowing neighbor...
                    The scary thing for me is that I didn't laugh when I read Luke's account. I merely chuckled in a reminiscing sort of way. Which only means that I've probably seen similar scenes way too often in the past (not just Chinese tho, but the beef scene was defo pyoor Chinese), have not seen them for some time, and now actually look back at these recollections fondly.

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      Many chinese, while eating, burped repeatedly and blatantly, arousing their friends' laughs. Some other went on and I can bet someone also farted.
                      Great trip report! Good job you posted this here and not on FT, where you would probably have been given a ban!

Comment

Working...
                      X