Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KF Gold re-qualification

Hi,

I just got my KFG renew but i have a question to ask here.

The situation is as follow: my qualifying period is end apr 2008. In march 2008 I had about 49000 miles. I made a return trip to taiwan and accumulated 4000 miles. I got my KFG renewed but when i saw my statement recently, the extra 3000 miles is not brought over to the new qualifying period; ie end Apr 2009.

Is this the practise?

Welcome to SQT, Ody_2004.

Yes, Elite Miles in excess of the requalification threshold are lost when the next requalification period begins. This is standard practice for FFPs.
    Last edited by jjpb3; 4 April 2008, 04:37 PM. Reason: better wording
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

The miles from the trip that took you over the 50,000 miles threshold will be lost.

But for example, if you had 49,000 miles, on the outbound legtrip you got 2,000 miles credit. 1,000 of those miles will be "lost". However the miles from the return leg should show as credit in your next qualification period.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and prompt reply.

So if I am having 49000 miles and make a trip to europe/US I will lose alot more..

Next time must time my trip properly to enusre I don't lose much!

Comment

I've heard that if you call Krisflyer when you're very close to the re-qualifiying limit that they may give you another year KF*G before you have the miles. That would also get around this problem. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Ody_2004 View Post
            Next time must time my trip properly to enusre I don't lose much!
            That's a very important skill for those who aim for the perks of FF status.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I renew KFGold with 49,998. I called kris flyer and they did change my status immediately. But I dont think 1000 miles will do since you can run SIN-CGK-SIN which give you 1100 miles.

Comment

Looking at my bookings for the next month I'm about to re-qualify for Elite Gold by the middle of May - and I'll only have "wasted" 146 miles (currently my qualifying trip is scheduled as PVG to SIN, require 2218 miles to re-qualify, receive 2364 for this segment). And I’m only 3 months into my current EG membership year...

So what happens when you have EG for the current year, plus have re-qualified for the next year. Are the status miles disregarded for future trips?

Should I join another *A FFP to credit the miles? I have heard that BD are quite good in terms of their redemption levels (not too as many miles required for flights) – also Thai Royal Orchid Plus seems to give 2 years *G once reaching 50,000 miles? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
                matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post
                  Looking at my bookings for the next month I'm about to re-qualify for Elite Gold by the middle of May - and I'll only have "wasted" 146 miles (currently my qualifying trip is scheduled as PVG to SIN, require 2218 miles to re-qualify, receive 2364 for this segment). And I’m only 3 months into my current EG membership year...

So what happens when you have EG for the current year, plus have re-qualified for the next year. Are the status miles disregarded for future trips?

Should I join another *A FFP to credit the miles? I have heard that BD are quite good in terms of their redemption levels (not too as many miles required for flights) – also Thai Royal Orchid Plus seems to give 2 years *G once reaching 50,000 miles? Any advice?

Thanks in advance!
                  It depends what is your purpose for holding Star Alliance FFP and which airlines you fly most.... Instead of TG you also want to consider LH which is very generous in giving miles or Aeroplan Canada which 35,000 for gold qualification..

Comment

Originally posted by matt_will_fix_it View Post

Thanks in advance!
                    Just remember that if you switch your miles to another program you will not get the bonuses until you requalify.

TG does seem attractive if you regularly travel in Y class as they also hand out upgrade vouchers to gold members.

My experience with SQ is that I got no more recognition as an SQ *G than when i was *G with United.

I find the SQ program heavily focussed on the PPS program whereas TG, UA CX and others seem to appreciate regular Y customers more.

Comment

Thanks sudsoz - I don't think TG does the 25% tier bonus from what I've found? I think in that respect the BD program is most generous, giving 25% for all *A flights (eligible for mileage).
                      matt_will_fix_it

Comment

KF Gold re-qualification

Sorry to Hijack this thread but just to shere some information.

my initial requalification period ends 30th of April.

As of 18th of April i only manage to clock 42,405

Called KF for requesting for extention as i had issue the ticket the below mention.

23/4 SIN-MNL
                        27/4 MNL-SIN

1/5 SIN-BKK-DEL
                        5/5 DEL-BKK
                        9/5 BKK-SIN

Will this only i will be able to hit the 50K EQM

As all the above was given to them, they answer from KF is that we will seek for the advice higher authority.

Just log in to KF, surprisingly to me that the requalification period had been extended to 31th of May.

For anyone who facing similar case, might just give them all call and quote your ticket number. They are willing to consider.

Comment

KF Gold re-qualification

Completed my trip by 9/5 immediate got my EG for another year. and the cycle restart. requalification period end 31th May 09

Comment

Working...
                          X