Is this a valid routing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a valid routing?

I'm planning to redeem KF Miles on *A Partner flights in J class.

HIJ-KIX would either be Y class or taking the bullet train. Are the routings below valid? No backtracking right? Sorry, first time planning this. Looks like a traceroute from a DOS prompt.

SIN-TPE-PEK-DLC-HIJ-KIX-HND-CGK-SIN

SIN-TPE-PEK-DLC-HIJ-KIX-SIN

SIN-TPE-PEK-DLC-HIJ-KIX-BKK-SIN

SIN-TPE-PEK-DLC-HIJ-KIX-HKG-SIN
    Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

From what I know: maximum 6 segments, so only your 2nd option is valid.

And this doesnt look like backtracking to me.
    For backtracking issues, only way to know is to call and ask.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
      From what I know: maximum 6 segments, so only your 2nd option is valid.

And this doesnt look like backtracking to me.
      For backtracking issues, only way to know is to call and ask.
      Thanks, let me call SQ call center and verify.

Comment

Depending on where your stop overs are:

One-way flight is allowed to have 4 segments,
        So if you issue 2 one-ways, you can have 8 segments.

But no stopover more than 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
          Depending on where your stop overs are:

One-way flight is allowed to have 4 segments,
          So if you issue 2 one-ways, you can have 8 segments.

But no stopover more than 24 hours
          Thanks for the valuable info.

Just got a call back earlier from SQ call center. They couldn't find J availability for CA153 PEK-DLC-HIJ segments for both saver and standard awards. They did check both segments individually as welll and couldn't find any. Ironically I do see availability when using the United or ANA website. My guess is CA didn't release the Award to SQ? Or should I ask them to check again?

The only other way to go HIJ is via ICN but no awards available for all classes. Have to plan again it seems.
          Last edited by lcpteck; 8 October 2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Standard award does not matter when it comes to *A awards. That is only applicable to SQ/MI. Basically if SQ wants to book a *A award it would be the same than what SQ publishes as Saver for its own metal.

Hearing the agent checked for Standard inventory for a CA flight just gives me the impression that you dealt with someone who wasn't very familiar / solid in this area. Maybe call again. New try, new luck. Try to feed the CA flights segment by segment and check them first before adding any SQ or other airline segments before and after that. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
              Standard award does not matter when it comes to *A awards. That is only applicable to SQ/MI. Basically if SQ wants to book a *A award it would be the same than what SQ publishes as Saver for its own metal.

Hearing the agent checked for Standard inventory for a CA flight just gives me the impression that you dealt with someone who wasn't very familiar / solid in this area. Maybe call again. New try, new luck. Try to feed the CA flights segment by segment and check them first before adding any SQ or other airline segments before and after that. YMMV
              I agree. call again.

I must say that although 95% correct, UA may show or may not show while it is actually otherwise.

but ANA is pretty much 100% accurate AFAIK

Oh, and if PEK-DLC-HIJ is one flight number then this is considered 1 segment (PEK-HIJ), and your option 3 and 4 will work as well.

I have also checked for NRT-CGK-SIN before and was considered backtracking which is mindboggling to me because NRT-SIN-SGN is not backtrack. But i have only tried it with 1 agent. so i guess you can try again.

Comment

Roger, will check again.

Comment

Spoken to another Agent and after giving her my routing, she mentions this would be considered a RTW ticket.... and I'll need to check with Travel Agency to issue this ticket...

Think I'll walk in to SQ Ticketing office @ Ion Orchard tomorrow and check on this...

Comment

Tried my luck again with the call center.

No award availability for PEK-DLC-HIJ even if checked separately. Still see availability separately on UA and NH website though.

Guess I'll walk in to Ion Orchard later today.

Comment

Okay, I managed to get the following, all Business class redemption.

Outbound: SIN-(SQ)-TPE-(BR)-PEK-(CA)-DLC-(CA)-HIJ [40k miles + $450+ taxes]
                      Inbound: KIX-(SQ)-SIN [34k miles inclusive 15% discount + $178 taxes]

Total: 74k miles + $628+

What do you guys think?

Or I just pay about $1k for Economy on TG or OZ and save the miles for another time?

Comment

there is no one-stop routing to HIJ from SIN through any of SQ's/ANA's Japan ports of entry?

I find this routing via TPE-PEK-DLC extremely tedious with lots of short sectors and the on-board products are not any more out-of-this-world compared to SQ/ANA.

Comment

There wasn't any J availability from SIN-NRT/HND due to the CNY period. I guess flying during peak period isn't a good idea hehe.. There is lots of J availability via CA SIN-PEK and NH PEK-NRT/HND though.

Below is the more detailed format.

13-Feb SQ878 SIN-TPE 11:55-16:30 A333 J
                          14-Feb BR716 TPE-PEK 09:25-12:40 B77W J
                          15-Feb CA153 PEK-DLC 08:15-09:40 B738 J
                          15-Feb CA153 DLC-HIJ 10:40-13:30 B738 J
                          22-Feb SQ615 KIX-SIN 23:30-05:40 A333 J

Wondering if I should just book OZ or TG and save my miles for another day.

Comment

Working...
                          X