Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade and Seat Selection

Hi everyone!

Hoping for some help...I booked SQ345 on Dec 18 (ZRH-SIN) on an upgradable Eco fare. Afterwards I saw, that there are no Saver awards available to upgrade. Also didn't see any waiting list (is there any? Or only if I buy award flights??). Is it possible, that I could still somehow upgrade this, meaning could they maybe open more upgradeable seats? If so, do I need to call SQ? Got enough miles to upgrade 2 passengers...

Couldn't even select my seats for that flight in Eco. Only for the return leg. Checked expertflyer, seems like there are a lot of Eco seats still available. Not really digging this, would like to be sure to get seats together with my wife. Can I do anything? Maybe call them and ask nicely?

Thanks!

Originally posted by xerobasher View Post
    Couldn't even select my seats for that flight in Eco. Only for the return leg. Checked expertflyer, seems like there are a lot of Eco seats still available. Not really digging this, would like to be sure to get seats together with my wife. Can I do anything? Maybe call them and ask nicely?

Thanks!
    The Y seats available for selection may open up over time. For a flight I am taking on SQ on Sunday, there were very few open seats in the last week, but today (5 days prior to departure), whole blocks of seats opened up for selection online (including aisle, window etc). Note that premium FF's will see more open seats than non FF pax, but even non FF's should see some aisle/window availability, if indeed they are available.

Comment

Thanks yflyer,

You are indeed correct. I am flying this weekend on Saturday on SQ 232 SYD- SIN.
      When I changed my itinerary a few days ago, there were only 3 Y seats available to choose from all in middle seat locations. At precisely the flight time, 5 days earlier (today), I checked again, and the full cabin became available.

I though this might happen, as when I changed my itinerary, the reservations person I spoke to had said the load was very favorable for being able to change my itinerary.

So now I have selected an upper deck window seat - my first preference, and it seams there are plenty of empty seats to choose from on both the upper and lower decks.

Thanks again yflyer.

Comment

Working...
      X