No announcement yet.

[SFO] SKL F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that SFO has opened the connector between the domestic T3 and international concourse G, will passengers travelling on UA domestic be allowed entry into the SKL? Specifically, if I am a PPS member travelling on UA domestically, could I walk to the international terminal post security and use the SKL?

Comment

Unlikely. The lounge is small and precedence will always be given to SQ passengers.

Comment

Understandable. I know that if I were a UA Star Gold I'd have no chance but I asked more because of the PPS status. One day if I'm in SFO I'll try out regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by daron4000 View Post
          Now that SFO has opened the connector between the domestic T3 and international concourse G, will passengers travelling on UA domestic be allowed entry into the SKL? Specifically, if I am a PPS member travelling on UA domestically, could I walk to the international terminal post security and use the SKL?
          What do you mean by connector between the domestic T3 and International Concourse?
          Last time I was at SFO (7 months ago), from UA domestic, I could walk to International, but it left the secure area. And to enter the International Concourse, the checker only allowed pax departing from International Councourse.
          There was a bus that connect from UA domestic to International Terminal in the secure area. But again, to gain access, the pax has to have BP or confirmed itinerary proof for the flight departing from International Terminal councourse.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            What do you mean by connector between the domestic T3 and International Concourse?
            The last few times I have been in the SKL at SFO there was buliding work going on in front of it, and it looked like a walkway connecting the International terminal to another one.

I would presume that is what it is and it's now finished and open.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              The last few times I have been in the SKL at SFO there was buliding work going on in front of it, and it looked like a walkway connecting the International terminal to another one.

I would presume that is what it is and it's now finished and open.
              Air side bridge between SFO domestic terminal and international terminal is open so one no longer needs to go through security to go from domestic to international terminal.

So, SFO SKL being a *G lounge, any *Gs (except UA/US) can access SKL if it is not too crowded.

Comment

Originally posted by kkjay77 View Post
                Air side bridge between SFO domestic terminal and international terminal is open so one no longer needs to go through security to go from domestic to international terminal.

So, SFO SKL being a *G lounge, any *Gs (except UA/US) can access SKL if it is not too crowded.
                That's a very good news. (I assume no more bus service between domestic and international, right?) It also means that it's easier to check the duty free shop in International Terminal before flying trans-border up north.
                And yes, with the shower facility at SKL, it makes it more attractive to fly into SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                  That's a very good news. (I assume no more bus service between domestic and international, right?) It also means that it's easier to check the duty free shop in International Terminal before flying trans-border up north.
                  And yes, with the shower facility at SKL, it makes it more attractive to fly into SFO.
                  Bus is gone

Comment

I think that the SKL in SFO is pathetic! I flew recently on SQ1 and visited the United RCC before going into the SKL and I was very disappointed with the selection of snacks available. The hot snacks were inedible and most folks resorted to having the cup noodles.

I have the same opinion of the SKL in HKG airport as well. I felt that the Thai Airways lounge was way better.

Comment

Originally posted by rajsngh View Post
                      I think that the SKL in SFO is pathetic! I flew recently on SQ1 and visited the United RCC before going into the SKL and I was very disappointed with the selection of snacks available. The hot snacks were inedible and most folks resorted to having the cup noodles.

I have the same opinion of the SKL in HKG airport as well. I felt that the Thai Airways lounge was way better.
                      At least SFO SKL has free booze as well as hot snacks (whether it is inedible or not is personal opinion; but the fact is it's there unlike UA RCC).

SFO SKL is one of the worst SKLs I have visited.
                      But, it is still better than UA RCCs (which isn't saying much, though).

Comment

SFO SKL has a shower. When I fly NZ to AKL (usually connecting from AC or UA) I sometimes wish the flight was delayed so that SKL can open up and get a shower. Nothing worse than a long day working and travelling, with a longhaul overnight flight ahead and straight to work on arrival when there is no shower. As a result I usually end up going to the domestic lounge in AKL to nab a shower, but this takes up a lot of time and relies on bending of the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by rajsngh View Post
                          I beg to differ. Even though UA RCC at SFO is larger in size, but I feel more at home at SKL. The snack selection I saw at SKL when it opens every evening, IMHO is better than at UA RCC. But I know the crowd quickly diminishes the hot snack supply. May be that's why if someone arrives pretty late before SQ1, the good stuff has gone...

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                          SFO SKL has a shower. When I fly NZ to AKL (usually connecting from AC or UA) I sometimes wish the flight was delayed so that SKL can open up and get a shower. Nothing worse than a long day working and travelling, with a longhaul overnight flight ahead and straight to work on arrival when there is no shower. As a result I usually end up going to the domestic lounge in AKL to nab a shower, but this takes up a lot of time and relies on bending of the rules.
                          I am just curious. Since you are a VVIP for NZ, have you tried asking a favor from NZ to invite you for using a shower facility in UA IFL?

Comment

NZ's ground handling at SFO is not good. I haven't thought to put in a request for a favour before I travel. I guess they'd suggest I do what I do, namely use the domestic lounge on arrival.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                              NZ's ground handling at SFO is not good. I haven't thought to put in a request for a favour before I travel. I guess they'd suggest I do what I do, namely use the domestic lounge on arrival.
                              Worth a try for next time.

Comment

HI All,

Are there any recent renovations to this SFO lounge? Is it separated into both first and business class? Are showers there good, ok, any other problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X