BTC in J ex-MEL recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTC in J ex-MEL recommendations?

Some options and questions from a BTC newbie. All opinions valued.

The following options appeal to/interest me:

1. Chicken in macadamia nut crust with bush tomato coulis, roast vegetables, and new potatoes

2. Grilled beef in green peppercorn sauce with seasonal vegetables and gratin potatoes

3. Pan-fried barramundi in native pepper sauce with sautéed vegetables and fettuccine

4. Wok-fried rice with tender pieces of marinated chicken, egg, and spring onion
    Just a few questions:

a. Any idea how the preparation of the chicken in macadamia nut crust dish is? I can't imagine what the nut crust is like. Is this something like chicken schnitzel in a tomato based sauce?

b. Is the grilled beef a steak or beef slices?

c. I note from this thread that the ex-SYD barramundi isn't very good. Is this due to the taste of the dish (black bean sauce) or how the barramundi is cooked in general?

I imagine meat like fish and beef to be pretty hard to cook just right usually, so should I risk ordering either on a plane considering it is just reheated? I do like pasta dishes, so will be inclined to order the fish. I did read somewhere that SQ beef is ok though, but this might be ex-SIN specific?

Originally posted by jn82 View Post

a. Any idea how the preparation of the chicken in macadamia nut crust dish is? I can't imagine what the nut crust is like. Is this something like chicken schnitzel in a tomato based sauce?
    Essentially yes, sans tomato based sauce and cheese. Macadamia nut crust is analogous to a batter.

Originally posted by jn82 View Post
    c. I note from this thread that the ex-SYD barramundi isn't very good. Is this due to the taste of the dish (black bean sauce) or how the barramundi is cooked in general?
    I liked the barramundi ex-MEL the one time i tried it, though the fettuccine didn't taste great.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
    X