Some Qs about First Class BTC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Qs about First Class BTC

So in my latest attempt to procrastinate, I have been thinking about some SQ Flights coming up in December, ex-HKG and ex-SIN. I have decided to BTC on 2 of the flights, and eat off the regular menu for the other flights. As an infrequent SQ Flyer, that'd give me a taste of both regular SQ F dining, as well as F BTC.

I have confirmed the Chilean sea bass out of HKG as it's one of my fave things to eat (on the ground), and the one out of HKG doesn't have shellfish ingredients cf ex-SIN which has a bouillaise sauce.

I am then undecided between the Kyo Kaiseiki or the Rack of Lamb ex-SIN. Some Qs for the experts:
    - Is it true that the lamb appears regularly on the onboard menu (i'm flying SIN-MEL), in which case rendering it pointless to BTC? I think I read this somewhere on TOF but I can't find the actual post now.
    - Does the Kyo Kaiseiki meal contain shellfish? I couldn't tell from the pictures.
    - I can't find any menu for SQ211, which is the seasonal 4th frequency to MEL. Is that a breakfast or lunch flight? It departs at 1045. If breakfast I suppose I'd have to find another ex-SIN flight to BTC on as the choices for breakfast on the BTC menu don't seem too appealing.

Any advice is appreciated, as always.
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 30 October 2008, 01:40 AM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Kyo kaiseki definitely has seafood. I can't recall if it has shellfish or not (perhaps not).

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
      - Does the Kyo Kaiseiki meal contain shellfish? I couldn't tell from the pictures.
      The point of Kyo Kaiseki is that it should change with the seasons and what's available. Have you checked out the following website as they have SQ F menus ? For example, this kyo kaiseki menu:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=12

has shellfish.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        The point of Kyo Kaiseki is that it should change with the seasons and what's available. Have you checked out the following website as they have SQ F menus ? For example, this kyo kaiseki menu:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=12

has shellfish.
        Oh... I didn't realise that Kyo Kaiseiki also appears on the regular menu.

The lamb it is... hmm now I'm tempted by the veal as well.

edit: tossed a coin and booked the lamb. And I can also now confirm that SQ211 is a lunch flight.
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Well I guess you must be a lamb lover. The advantage of you BTC-ing it is that you will be guaranteed to have that dish should it not be among the ones listed on the regular menu. BTW, the lamb is not the only BTC dish that has also appeared on the regular menu. I have had Nasi Lemak and Yu Pian Mi Fen on my F menus ex-SIN as well.

As for Kyo Kasei, the last time I picked it off the menu was April last year and it had fish but no shell fish. Never BTC the kyo kasei myself.

Just another reminder that should you find something more appetising for your taste off the onboard menu, you can always swap it from your BTC dish. Nevertheless enjoy your flight.
          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Yes I do love lamb, but I guess it's pointless to BTC if it features regularly on the onboard menu.

I've changed my mind yet again. BTCed the Kyo Kaiseki.

If it turns out to contain shellfish I'd just eat off the onboard menu.

Thanks for the tips, everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I've changed my mind yet again. BTCed the Kyo Kaiseki.

If it turns out to contain shellfish I'd just eat off the onboard menu.
              Kyo kaiseki has lots of separate dishes. If one of them has shellfish, couldn't you just skip that and have the other dishes?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Kyo kaiseki has lots of separate dishes. If one of them has shellfish, couldn't you just skip that and have the other dishes?
                No fun having to skip half the dishes, which is why I order the decidedly inferior Western meal when I fly JL these days.

I wonder if they'd let me have "substitutes" from the main menu.

Comment

Working...
                X