No BTC in F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No BTC in F

On my forthcoming flight over 4-5h in regional F into Singapore, there's no BTC option but you can order food like seafood or oriental.
    Normally, I would not do meal order when there's no BTC offering. I am thinking of placing an order for oriental food. Am I risking it? I found out I am the only passenger in F which means catering onboard would be very limited.
    I believe the normal dinner menu will be rather less elaborate?

Any suggestion?

Originally posted by SQFM View Post
    No BTC in F

On my forthcoming flight over 4-5h in regional F into Singapore, there's no BTC option but you can order food like seafood or oriental.
    Normally, I would not do meal order when there's no BTC offering. I am thinking of placing an order for oriental food. Am I risking it? I found out I am the only passenger in F which means catering onboard would be very limited.
    I believe the normal dinner menu will be rather less elaborate?

Any suggestion?
    Your title is misleading I must say.
    Not all station has BTC options. Singapore and 13 other stations:

• Amsterdam
    • Dubai
    • Frankfurt
    • Hong Kong
    • London
    • Los Angeles
    • Melbourne
    • New York (JFK and EWR)
    • San Francisco
    • Singapore
    • Sydney
    • Taipei
    • Tokyo

Thus, you are not departing from any of the stations above. Therefore there is no BTC. And as far as I know, the seafood or oriental food is a special meal order, something similar to the options for pax who wants kosher meals, or vegetarian, or ...
    If you know you are the only F pax on board, why would you think the catering on board will be limited? It is a pax' dream to have the whole cabin for himself/herself. I think we even have a thread for "solo in front cabin." The catering will still load all the meals. So you can have all the choices as shown on the menu. And dinner service will not be less elaborate. It's still the standard service like in a full flight.

If I were you, I would not order seafood or oriental special meals. I would not know what I would have, and I would not know how the seafood would be cooked.
    From the non-BTC station. I will chance it on the menu onboard. At least I know that on board SQ, there will be at least one Asian main course.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      If I were you, I would not order seafood or oriental special meals. I would not know what I would have, and I would not know how the seafood would be cooked.
      Indeed, you have correctly said! Yes, it is a wise choice to stick to the regular menu. At least, I will the option to choose between 3 or 4 choices.

Comment

I found out I am the only passenger in F which means catering onboard would be very limited.
        That is incorrect.

SQ LPP is correct in saying that even if you BTC, and you are the only passenger in F, they will uplift the entire regular menu selection. I happened to have BTC'ed my two solo F flights, and that was indeed the case (SIN-ICN, SYD-SIN)

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
          That is incorrect.

SQ LPP is correct in saying that even if you BTC, and you are the only passenger in F, they will uplift the entire regular menu selection. I happened to have BTC'ed my two solo F flights, and that was indeed the case (SIN-ICN, SYD-SIN)
          Ditto and SQ even had both western menu and kyo kaiseki on hand in vast quantities on my solo F flight from NRT.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            It is a pax' dream to have the whole cabin for himself/herself. I think we even have a thread for "solo in front cabin."
            I know I'll be in the minority for this but in reality I actually prefer having other "strangers" (pax whom I do not know) in the cabin when I am "traveling by myself" in F. I know having more passengers in the F/R cabin will mean that the crews will have less time to deal with you compared if you are the sole one. But I still prefer having people around myself simply because if I were to be in the cabin all by myself all alone flying in the middle of nowhere on a long haul (especially in an overnight flight when the cabin crews are resting), it does give me some chills upon my shoulder. I know there are other pax in the J & Y cabins but I can't really see them while I'm in the F/R cabin. Just a personal taste.
            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Rejuvenated View Post
              I know I'll be in the minority for this but in reality I actually prefer having other "strangers" (pax whom I do not know) in the cabin when I am "traveling by myself" in F. I know having more passengers in the F/R cabin will mean that the crews will have less time to deal with you compared if you are the sole one.

If I were the only pax in the cabin, I would think twice if I wanted to sample another choice of wine. The crew would have to open a new bottle of wine. You never know how some stingy crew may feel

Comment

If I were the only pax in the cabin, I would think twice if I wanted to sample another choice of wine. The crew would have to open a new bottle of wine. You never know how some stingy crew may feel
                Did you have a bad experience before? By putting emoticon "rolling the eyes" it seems to me that you had one.
                Anyhow, I had no problem with the crew opening a new bottle of Dom or Krug for example.

Comment

Have cabin crews done something to make you hesitate?

I don't think I had ever run across cabin crew on SQ who dissuaded premium pax from asking for something that was on offer. Like SQ LPP, I've often been asked by crew members if I wanted another glass of champagne, when it was clear that a new bottle would be opened just for me.
                  Last edited by jjpb3; 22 October 2008, 08:02 PM. Reason: additional phrase, thanks to SQ LPP's typing speed :P
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Like SQ LPP, I've often been asked by crew members if I wanted another glass of champagne, when it was clear that a new bottle would be opened just for me.
                    Likewise here. I was the only person drinking the DP in F earlier this year (the other 2 pax declined all food and drink, preferring instead to snooze the flight away -- you can tell who the real frequent Flyers are ), and the FAs were all more than generous with the fizz. To illustrate: After I woke up from my little nap in the final stages of the flight, the LSS suddenly appeared to offer more champagne. Immediately after serving it to me, she'd noticed that the champagne was no longer bubbly and actually removed it and came back with a new glass from a freshly opened bottle. All unprompted and proactiveness on her part! Of course, I couldn't stand the thought of all that DP going to waste and did my best to demolish the bottle before preparations for landing had commenced.
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 October 2008, 08:52 PM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                      Of course, I couldn't stand the thought of all that DP going to waste and did my best to demolish the bottle before preparations for landing had commenced.
                      Well, I never had the whole cabin to myself before.
                      On most of my previous flights in J/F, the crew had been brilliant. It's just that I don't like to trouble crew unnecessarily, that's all.

Comment

Well, I never had the whole cabin to myself before.
                        That's actually reasonably common in F. It's when you've got the whole cabin to yourself in Y that's rare

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                          That is incorrect.

when you say "uplift" do you mean they will not load any of the regular menu ?

Comment

Originally posted by maxmin View Post
                            when you say "uplift" do you mean they will not load any of the regular menu ?
                            No, uplift means "upload" - i.e. to load. The times I've flown in F alone, they still loaded ALL the regular choices, despite knowing full well what I had chosen beforehand (i.e. the BTC) - that is utterly amazing.

I can't really say it was because they were catering for possible opups into F since on both those flights, Y and J were nowhere near full.

This last trip last month SIN-ICN - the IFS said it so matter of factly as if it happens all the time, and from my experience, I cannot dispute it

Comment

Yes that is pretty impressive! I thought that was what you meant in your original notes, but I had to ask because it is hard to believe!

By the way, you seem to be ome of the most active people on the site, so can you give me any tips to rally other SQ Talkers to meet up when I'm in Singapore (airport or the city) ? I did make a post in the community forum but the "lounge meets" seems to be a sprawling forum so it's tough to get noticed! Or is it?

Anway, meandering off topic a bit there, tut tut!

Comment

Working...
                              X