SQ messed up my meal choice - twice!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ messed up my meal choice - twice!!

So just done MNL-SIN-LHR in F. MNL-SIN i had ordered a low fat meal - this was never loaded on board so had to chose off the normal menu (ok, not SQ fault, most probably the Caterers at MNL).

SIN - LHR i ordered BTC Rib eye steak. THis was a bit of treat for me as have had to watch what I eat recently (health reasons etc) and i was really looking forward to it!. I checked when they passed me the menu that they had it on board and they confirmed they had it.

THen when it came to lunch, I saw the guy opposite me munching away on a Rib eye. Then the SQ girl came to me and said that they had 'misplaced it'. I said 'you havent misplaced it, that guy over there is eating it'. Apparantly they got it confused with a lamb chop!!!

Anyway it was all very lighthearted, resolved very amicably and really was not much of an issue .... just a little dissappointing. As usual, the girl apologised countless times and we had a good joke about it. Ended up with the lamb (washed down with a few bottles of Krug) which was lovely.

So to those who have done BTC ... make sure you get what you have ordered!!

lamb, beef - what's a few sinews of meat between friends eh?

Comment

I had the F BTC ribeye ex-SIN a few weeks ago and it was dry and overcooked so I think you got the better deal with the lamb!

(OTOH, the wagyu steak ex-NRT on the normal menu I had before was really excellent.)

Comment

I ordered the vegetarian option BTC, the Roasted Vegetables with Avocado mash for my friend through SQ in SIN. The agent couldn't find the code for it but eventually she said she did and said that all ok. Flight was between SIN and BKK.

When the meal came, my friend was offered the Lamb Chops !! Then the SQ FA blamed the travel agent - and my friend said , no, that's impossible.. as he is sitting behind me, and I confirmed that I had expllicitly reconfirmed the meal twice with the SQ agent.

But SQ cabin crew managed to find a pasta option for my friend anyway. Still I find the res dept shoddy!

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
          my friend said , no, that's impossible.. as he is sitting behind me
          That must have been a moment!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            I had the F BTC ribeye ex-SIN a few weeks ago and it was dry and overcooked so I think you got the better deal with the lamb!
            Yes, i have had it before, but normally ask them to cook it to medium otherwise it will come well done/overcooked. I always have to make it known, rather then them asking me how i would like it to be cooked.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              I ordered the vegetarian option BTC, the Roasted Vegetables with Avocado mash for my friend through SQ in SIN. The agent couldn't find the code for it but eventually she said she did and said that all ok. Flight was between SIN and BKK.

When the meal came, my friend was offered the Lamb Chops !! Then the SQ FA blamed the travel agent - and my friend said , no, that's impossible.. as he is sitting behind me, and I confirmed that I had expllicitly reconfirmed the meal twice with the SQ agent.

But SQ cabin crew managed to find a pasta option for my friend anyway. Still I find the res dept shoddy!

That's aweful actually. Is your friend a strict vegetarian? If I were a vegetarian, I'd be very offeneded if I was given lamb chops especially after I had indicated my choice!

Comment

Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                That's aweful actually. Is your friend a strict vegetarian? If I were a vegetarian, I'd be very offeneded if I was given lamb chops especially after I had indicated my choice!
                No, she laughed about it afterwards...

Cabin crew and not just SQ really should have diligence and common sense when giving out special meals. They have to learn that its not a 'fad' and some people are very allergic to some items. I am allergic to wheat flour but not as allergic as someone who is celiac. If I am to get a special meal (and I have to request gluten free cos SQ doesn't make just wheat-free meals when I travel in economy), cabin crew still put a bread bun on my tray even though the tray states the special meal.

Its almost as bad as when my friend who is allergic to nuts travels on SQ. She is not too allergic to nuts but still cabin crew should be versed about the seriousness of allergies rather than look at it as a 'fad'. She travelled from MAN to SIN, and cabin crew still gave her a bag of peanuts!

Comment

Working...
                X