BTC planning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQ All The Way View Post
    Does anyone know if the BTC options flying from Bombay to SIN in F and if SQ offers veg options with BTC? Cheers.
    Sorry, SQ All The Way, BOM isn't one of the outstations that offer BTC:

https://www.singaporeair.com/saa/Uti...selections.jsp
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

hi SQ LPP

If only I have the stomach for all items and SQ lets me order more than one meal for this sector. ha ha. Will share about what I think of the food. Is photo necessary?
      there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Hi. I will be flying SQ 25 JFK-FRA in F and would like to ask for advices and opinions for BTC. As i can see Lobster is more or less safe choice. I probably avoid any chicken option, so that leaves us with

Pecan crusted veal with red onion marmalade and candied sweet potatoes

Roast Long Island duck with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and red-skin potatoes

Roasted sea bass with wilted spinach and glazed crab-mashed potatoes

Roast rack of lamb with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and creamy garlic mash

Baked Chilean bass in Oriental XO sauce with mixed vegetables and fried rice

Braised short-ribs of beef in Chinese wine and 5-spice with mixed vegetables and egg noodles

Any opinions/experience with those ?

Comment

Roast rack of lamb with natural jus, roasted vegetables, and creamy garlic mash

is, for me, always a good choice

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
            hi SQ LPP

If only I have the stomach for all items and SQ lets me order more than one meal for this sector. ha ha. Will share about what I think of the food. Is photo necessary?
            Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            Welcome to SQ Talk, Global Nomad.

I have never been flying out from DXB. So I can't help you on the choices. Hope other SQTalkers would be able to help. may be you should take the flight often so that you can try all of them.
            Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
            this is my first posting. So here goes my question.

Being typical singaporean, I've book my Christmas flight ex DXB to SIN on E class booking and upgraded to I (Raffles) class. Just check the SQ web for BTC and narrowed down to 3 choices:
            1. Marinated lamb loin
            2. Grilled scallops
            3. Veal paupiette

Anyone one tried any of these?

Many thanks.
            Dear Global Nomad,

So which BTCs have you tried ex-DXB? What's the verdict?

Comment

BTC on a late night flight

Hi, I'm flying F on SQ231 to SYD departing at 0030hrs. This timing is quite similar to some Europe-bound flights too.

Anyway, most of the time when people board these late night flights, they go straight to sleep and skip the supper.

But I noticed that they do offer a BTC option with the full array of choices of dinner like Lobster, Lamb, Kaiseki, etc... and I was wondering if anyone has done a BTC at this hour.

I've never tried the Kyo-Kaiseki which is only offered on F i think (and I hardly fly F). But it does seem a little greedy to be the only one on the plane eating the whole spread, right?

Anyone to share experience.

Comment

Telephone Fun & Games with SQ

So, decided to change my BTC meal selection on my SQ 12 return after reading info on this site. Brief chronicle of my efforts:

Call #1
                (to Los Angeles toll-free): Told needed to call KF toll number (which was provided) since booking was through KF. Not technically accurate; was UA redemption, but didn't feel like arguing.

Call #2
                (to KF toll number area code 213): Told could not do anything as only UA could do BTC (or anything else) since this was a redemption. I explained that this was demonstrably inaccurate since I had done BTC on my outbound leg directly with SQ. Phone rep was unmoved, even after supposedly checking with someone else.

Call #3
                (back to orig LA toll-free): Very pleasant phone rep who handled everything quickly and knowledgeably (except for a little difficulty with letters and numbers).

Total elapsed time: about 15 minutes.
                Customer service grade (overall): D+

--mcz

Comment

Originally posted by mczlaw View Post
                  So, decided to change my BTC meal selection on my SQ 12 return after reading info on this site. Brief chronicle of my efforts:

Call #1
                  (to Los Angeles toll-free): Told needed to call KF toll number (which was provided) since booking was through KF. Not technically accurate; was UA redemption, but didn't feel like arguing.
                  Total elapsed time: about 15 minutes.
                  Customer service grade (overall): D+

--mcz
                  I am pretty sure the agent looked up your booking and saw the booking as redemption. One way to avoid the possible misunderstanding, is to say that yes, you are using redemption (KF or UA or other *A partners), and yes, the only thing you want to do is to choose your BTC, which has nothing to do with ticketing.

Hope you have better experience next time.

Comment

Originally posted by dttj0069 View Post
                    Hi, I'm flying F on SQ231 to SYD departing at 0030hrs. This timing is quite similar to some Europe-bound flights too.

Anyway, most of the time when people board these late night flights, they go straight to sleep and skip the supper.

But I noticed that they do offer a BTC option with the full array of choices of dinner like Lobster, Lamb, Kaiseki, etc... and I was wondering if anyone has done a BTC at this hour.

I've never tried the Kyo-Kaiseki which is only offered on F i think (and I hardly fly F). But it does seem a little greedy to be the only one on the plane eating the whole spread, right?

Anyone to share experience.
                    I did that red eye flight to SYD or to NRT. To make it easier, don't think about other pax. Remember that there are so many possibilities that might affect other pax. For example, a pax who wants to sleep on that flight, maybe he/she really wants to rest, or maybe he/she had dinner prior to the flight (in SIN or in connecting flight), or other reasons.
                    You are in F. Just think what you really want. If you can handle a big meal (yes this flight now gives you only one meal service, i.e after taking off or before landing), go for it. I had rack of lamb many times on those late night flight and even had dessert as well... But I am not too fond of kyo-kaiseki on SQ.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
                      I am pretty sure the agent looked up your booking and saw the booking as redemption. One way to avoid the possible misunderstanding, is to say that yes, you are using redemption (KF or UA or other *A partners), and yes, the only thing you want to do is to choose your BTC, which has nothing to do with ticketing.

Hope you have better experience next time.
                      The customer service bar is so low with most US airlines (exception is Alaska Air, btw, which happens to be partners with CX) that three calls and 15 minutes to take care of simple task didn't even faze me.

The nightmare scenario is the "we can't help you" preceded by something like this:

1. Busy signal on first five calls.

2. Ring on next call. Byzantine voicemail options tree not helped by the "please listen carefully, our voicemail options have changed" preamble. Yes, they changed all right--during the Clinton administration.

3. Eventually press the right combination of keys after 3 or 4 more calls only to hear the "all reps are currently busy. Thank you for your patience" refrain. I'm not particularly patient, but what the hell else am I going to do?

4. This is followed by several renditions of the "your call is very important to us" and "all reps are still busy" tape loop. If I hadn't heard the first part a few thousand times from every corporate boiler room from the phone company to the garbage hauler--none of whom really give a rat's ass about MY call--it might even leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy. As it is, I roll my eyes wearily and hang on for the long haul. (Think of it as packed full nonstop C class from EWR-SIN in a middle seat between a really fat guy and somebody in F's nanny holding a constantly screaming infant.)

5. Every so often, as if intended to break up the monotony, a different recorded voice advises that "due to unusually high call volume" it may take a while for someone to actually answer the phone. When you've heard this with the same airline over a period of months, with nothing special going on on the calendar, you know it's pure bullshit intended to outwit the gullible. My brain screams, "Hey, how about hiring a few more minimum wage slaves with no training so you can at least handle your average call volume, assholes?" But I digress.

6. Bad music (often an airline theme or some calming version of a pathetic pop standard) seemingly recorded in 1975 given all the skips, pops and static, plays between the taped excuses.

7. Forty-five minutes after the first call, real-life person picks up only to advise solemnly that I've foolishly called the wrong 800 number, and "No, sorry sir, I'm unable to transfer you. . ." Homicidal thoughts well up until the medication takes hold much later.

"Thank you for flying Sky High Airlines. We appreciate your business."

--mcz
                      Last edited by mczlaw; 5 January 2009, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X