Some basic BTC questions for SQ1/2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic BTC questions for SQ1/2

I posted this earlier on another thread but it probably went unnoticed as I had only one reply (thanks Tris). Well, here we go again:

I’ve been trawling through the BTC forums. It’s a fascinating read for a BTC virgin like me, especially the flyertalk post by jjpb3 in the BTC Experience Do's and Dont's.

I have a few basic, but hopefully, not dumb questions to ask.

I’ll try and make this simple.

1. On SQ2, SIN-HK-SFO, three meals are served on J class: dinner on the SIN-HK route, and supper and breakfast on the HK-SFO route. Should I be making my dinner selection ex-SIN on the SIN BTC link, and my supper and breakfast options ex-HK on the HK BTC link, or should I make all my three meal selections on the SIN BTC link. I was so looking forward to trying the nasi beryani for breakfast.

2. The BTC options ex-SFO don’t look particularly exciting, well at least to me. Can any SQtalkers recommend something they’ve tried.

3. I notice that satay is not served for dinner on SQ 2 SIN-HK. Is this because the flight is too short? Darn it but it looks like I am going to miss out on satay for all sectors on both SQ 2 and SQ 1 as there is a total of two breakfasts, two suppers, one (short) dinner and one brunch.

Thanks for your inputs!

I don't think Nasi Biryani is available ex-HKG. IIRC, breakfast BTC is only available ex-SIN.

Comment

For HKG-SFO, you will have to select from the ex-HKG list.

Comment

ex-SFO I always choose the chorizo stuffed chicken breast. I find it very tasteful and yet not too filling for a 3am supper!

Comment

I have my first SQ F coming up on SQ2 ex-HKG, and I have booked the lobster thermidor. Is this usually decent on this leg, or does anyone have other recommendations in F?

Comment

Originally posted by view View Post
            I have my first SQ F coming up on SQ2 ex-HKG, and I have booked the lobster thermidor. Is this usually decent on this leg, or does anyone have other recommendations in F?
            Last time ordered Braised Aballone and Musroom with flat noodle, which was very dissapointed!
            Lobster thermidor would be a safe choice

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              For HKG-SFO, you will have to select from the ex-HKG list.
              The complete list from the website:

Book the Cook – Hong Kong – First Class

Menu

Chicken breast stuffed with cheese and herbs in a creamy white wine sauce with mashed sweet potatoes and grilled mixed capsicum

Grilled salmon with braised green peas, artichoke, and onion

Grilled veal with jus, roasted green zucchini, yellow squash, and deep-fried potatoes

Lobster Thermidor with buttered asparagus, red capsicum, baby yellow squash, and mashed potatoes

Portuguese-style beef curry with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and steamed rice

Sourdough bread with crumbed chicken and mixed salad

Braised abalone and mushroom in oyster sauce with flat noodles

Braised Chilean bass with preserved olives, vegetables, and steamed rice

Braised Lo Hon mixed vegetables and stir-fried Ee-Fu noodles

Lobster wonton soup with Ee-Fu noodles and Chinese greens

Nigiri Sushi

Roasted goose rice with Chinese greens and carrot flowers

Thai-style green curry chicken with selected vegetables and steamed rice

Originally posted by Dent@SUB View Post
              Last time ordered Braised Aballone and Musroom with flat noodle, which was very dissapointed!
              Reading your trip report, I gather that you opted your abalone BTC from supper to your meals prior to land, which is about 10 hours later. Remember not all kind of meats or foods are in its top condition when you keep them for that long. I could imagine why your abalone was chewy because it's dried up.

I BTCed lobster wonton soup before, and I chose as my meals before landing in SFO. Because it's a soup, the lobster wonton was still excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post

Reading your trip report, I gather that you opted your abalone BTC from supper to your meals prior to land, which is about 10 hours later. Remember not all kind of meats or foods are in its top condition when you keep them for that long. I could imagine why your abalone was chewy because it's dried up.

I BTCed lobster wonton soup before, and I chose as my meals before landing in SFO. Because it's a soup, the lobster wonton was still excellent.
                yup... that's one possibility why it was taste so rubbery. BTW, should they were pre-packed when loaded into the plane to prevent dehydrated? I didn't know the actual thing, that's just what I had in my mind, CMIIW pls...

Thanks SQ LPP for the information, you always see everything from every angle You're a genuine SQ expert!

Comment

Thanks for tips and ideas, I really want to try the F lobster thermidor and it sounds like this should be a good choice for my trip

Comment

Working...
                  X