Confirmed : SIN-MAN-IAH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
    For the transit at IAH, I was wondering if anyone ran into the same problem I did the last time I took the SQ flight out of IAH. I started my journey in another city and flew in on United to IAH to catch the SQ flight. The station that I flew in from could not figure out how to print my SQ boarding pass (they also couldn’t figure out how to print a bag tag to check my bags all the way thru, so interestingly they did a manual bag tag). No internet boarding pass either, so when I arrived at IAH, I was forced to leave the airside of the terminal to check in, then clear security again to return to the airside and to the Centurion lounge. Without a boarding pass I figured I wouldn’t be able to access the lounges, and also I wasn’t sure if I could have simply waited airside and expect the gate agents to print me a boarding pass (there were no agents yet since it was hours before the flight). Any tips on what to do when in this situation at IAH?
    I'm actually doing the same routing - IAD-IAH-MAN-SIN next month, except that I'm flying from Washington D.C. a day earlier and spending the night in Houston. Partly because it's always a gamble flying two separate bookings as if it's a single one. You're at the mercy of the first check-in agent whether you can check-in for your next flight to get your boarding pass, and whether your checked bag can be tagged through. I've done it from Singapore to Chicago via FRA and JFK (SQ then Jetblue) and from Chicago to SIN via JFK and FRA (Delta then SQ). Another concern self-connecting is a delay in the first flight which leads to missing the second flight. The second airline is not obliged to rebook you. Hence I always leave several hours as buffer or fly the day before, especially if my second flight is the more expensive one (like on SQ).

Would love to hear if you have success this time checking in all the way from DC, Short Final. BTW I sent you a private message as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      I cant help with connecting on to SQ51 as I am always in Houston for a day or so at least before flying home. I do know connecting to and from SQ51/52 is difficult at times as UA still wont play ball with connections into and out of IAH. I know that is bizarre when one *A carrier is flying into a fellow *A carrier's hub, but it gives you a prefect illustration of the relationship between SQ and UA.
      And also the attitude UA has toward their passengers in general. After spending 45 minutes in a "premium" queue trying to drop off luggage for a domestic flight at BOS last year, it made me seriously wish for another US-based *A player. It was the closest I've come in my life to missing a flight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
        I'm actually doing the same routing - IAD-IAH-MAN-SIN next month, except that I'm flying from Washington D.C. a day earlier and spending the night in Houston. Partly because it's always a gamble flying two separate bookings as if it's a single one. You're at the mercy of the first check-in agent whether you can check-in for your next flight to get your boarding pass, and whether your checked bag can be tagged through. I've done it from Singapore to Chicago via FRA and JFK (SQ then Jetblue) and from Chicago to SIN via JFK and FRA (Delta then SQ). Another concern self-connecting is a delay in the first flight which leads to missing the second flight. The second airline is not obliged to rebook you. Hence I always leave several hours as buffer or fly the day before, especially if my second flight is the more expensive one (like on SQ).

Would love to hear if you have success this time checking in all the way from DC, Short Final. BTW I sent you a private message as well.
        Hi Jumbojet Lover, let’s see how it goes this time. I did read on this blog post http://blog.jackhake.com/review-sq-iah-man-business that it’s possible to get a mobile boarding pass at IAH and that the gate agents can then print a paper boarding pass at the gate.

MAN Flyer, ever done the mobile boarding pass at IAH? Theoretically, that would allow me to stay airside after my inbound United flight and avoid the hassle of going through security again and check in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Short Final View Post
          MAN Flyer, ever done the mobile boarding pass at IAH? Theoretically, that would allow me to stay airside after my inbound United flight and avoid the hassle of going through security again and check in.
          I used a mobile boarding pass at Manchester for SQ last week. No problems at all.

Comment

• I just read a review of the United Polaris lounge in IAH, the pics and review were glowing. Worth checking out in addition to the Amex Centurion lounge?

Comment

• I’m not sure if this is necessarily the right spot for this - it didn’t seem to warrant its own thread, and this relates to SQ’s operations at MAN.

THG is a global consumer/tech group with its HQ at MAN, where is is building a £1bn campus. To reduce reliance on scheduled passenger services for cargo, it is launching its own cargo operation which initially at least will be in partnership with Singapore Airlines.

https://www.thg.com/blog/2020/04/30/...aunch-thg-air/

Comment

• Well we desperately need extra capacity to MAN at the moment, certainly for the SIN legs, and I am pleased to see they have now rostered the A380 to MAN!!!
                ....sadly as just a one off this weekend to take Liverpool FC players and officials out on their pre season tour... :-)

Comment

Well we desperately need extra capacity to MAN at the moment, certainly for the SIN legs, and I am pleased to see they have now rostered the A380 to MAN!!!
                  ....sadly as just a one off this weekend to take Liverpool FC players and officials out on their pre season tour... :-)
                  I now live in Malaysia and want to travel back to the UK or Europe in fact and the last 2 opportunities have provided 0 seats into MAN in business.
                  The last time the nearest to MAN I could get on SQ was IST...desperate.

Needed to find others flights so I twisted on TG - even then I could only get to ARN (KUL-BKK-ARN-CPH-MAN) considering the most convenient is KUL-SIN-MAN routing.
                  Maybe better in November - my next trip.

I hope the RedMen are in R? I suspect they will be split into J ?

Comment

Well we desperately need extra capacity to MAN at the moment, certainly for the SIN legs, and I am pleased to see they have now rostered the A380 to MAN!!!
                    SKZ is now on the way to MAN as SQ8156 to bring Liverpool FC to Bangkok for their friendlies with Man United.
                    Last edited by Not You; 9 July 2022, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post

I now live in Malaysia and want to travel back to the UK or Europe in fact and the last 2 opportunities have provided 0 seats into MAN in business.
                      The last time the nearest to MAN I could get on SQ was IST...desperate.
                      Tell me about it!. Its been nigh on impossible getting a seat, in JCL or FCL, on LHR and MAN flights (outbound and inbound) at times in the last few months. On a couple of occasions this year I had a change of plans and needed to get home earlier and there was absolutely nothing available in any class to MAN from SIN for the best part of a week. Granted its not daily at the moment but boy do we need more seats to and from MAN. I realise other destinations are the same. I did MAN-IAH-MAN last month and that was rammed in all three classes both ways as well. To be fair that leg always does well in the summer and I am doing it again at the end of the year and it is not that busy at the moment. MAN is due to get extra capacity to SIN at the end of the year.

We were kindly invited to the UK F1 Grand Prix at Silverstone again by SQ at the beginning of July and the RVP Europe was there. He admitted they have been taken by surprise by the speed and size of the rebound in travel and are trying to get aircraft back in the air as fast as they can. Unfortunately the cabin refits on the 380's have apparently been slowed down by losing staff to the new Bombardier facility at Seletar. They need more cabin crew as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X