SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Old 21st February 2020, 11:37 AM   #1
feb01mel
SQTalk Solitaire PPS

Programs: QPPS, Intercontinental IHG Platinum Ambassador
Send a message via MSN to feb01mel
Default Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Status Extensions Due To Coronavirus Outbreak

It seems some Krisflyer Elite Gold members whose membership expire this month receive below notifications from SQ : -

Thank you for your support of Singapore Airlines over the years.

In view of the COVID-19 situation, we will be renewing your Elite Gold status for another membership year. The new membership year will start from 28 February 2020.

If you have successfully accrued sufficient Elite miles before 28 February 2020, your membership will be automatically renewed for another year.

The new membership validity period will be reflected in your digital card on the SingaporeAir mobile app after 1 March 2020. Your membership kit, including your membership card with the new validity period, will take approximately 8-10 weeks after your status renewal on 1 March 2020 to reach you, due to a disruption in our card production supply chain.

In the interim, you can still enjoy your membership benefits using your digital card. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Once again, we thank you for your support and hope you will enjoy your Elite Gold privileges in the year ahead.

Yours Sincerely, KrisFlyer Membership Services
Unquote

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/02/20/...irus-outbreak/
feb01mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th February 2020, 09:55 PM   #2
allmotor_2000
SQTalk Elite Gold

Interesting and a good gesture. Most of this travel restriction I expect Mar 1 onwards so if status is attained by Feb 29th, they should extend through Feb 2022
allmotor_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2020, 11:42 PM   #3
ell3
SQTalk PPS Club

I donít get it, does it mean that theyíre extending the KFEG statuses for those whose memberships expire in Feb EVEN IF they havenít accrued enough elite miles?

My membership expires end April. Ordinarily Iíd be travelling plenty in Feb/mar and will earn the required 50k. But obviously travel has been affected and Iím stuck at 30k elite miles now. Doesnít look possible to travel as planned before KFEG expires. So Iím wondering if the goodwill extension for another year will be offered 😂
ell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 04:43 PM   #4
SSP
SQTalker

Just received email from SQ that I have been given KFEG.

Previously was silver when I didn't manage to retain KFEG status when I missed the renewal mileage by about 12k miles.
SSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2020, 09:46 PM   #5
allmotor_2000
SQTalk Elite Gold

Just received email from SQ CEO that PPS and Solitaire are extended an additional year.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...20renewal-pps/
allmotor_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 02:16 PM   #6
Chucksta
SQTalk Elite Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Just received email from SQ CEO that PPS and Solitaire are extended an additional year.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...20renewal-pps/
I got that same email. But has anyone actually had their status expiry updated from 2021 to 2022? Mine still says it expires 02/2021
Chucksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 03:09 PM   #7
MainlyMiles
SQTalk Elite Gold

Programs: KrisFlyer, Avios, Mileage Plan, Asia Miles, Etihad Guest, Skywards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucksta View Post
I got that same email. But has anyone actually had their status expiry updated from 2021 to 2022? Mine still says it expires 02/2021
Think this is covered in point 4, table 1?

Current membership expiry month: Feb 2021
New membership cycle will be reflected in the SingaporeAir mobile app digital card by: 8 March 2021
MainlyMiles is offline   Reply With Quote