HKIA Lagging Behind Changi Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HKIA Lagging Behind Changi Airport

Came across this article about Changi Airport & HKIA in SCMP. Just wanted to share it with you guys.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/e...n-upgrade-case

PS: I hope this is the correct folder to post this!

I think the article is quite correct. But you could kind of generalize this to most things. Nowadays HK is lagging behind Singapore for everything. Just lack of vision in general and a firefighting attitude
    Last edited by blandy62; 3 November 2017, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blandy62 View Post
      Nowadays HK is lagging behind Singapore for everything.
      Their metro is definitely not one of them !

Comment

Originally posted by boing View Post
        Their metro is definitely not one of them !
        it is ok course of topic but the mtr is fine when it is not breaking down. but what does it have that the MRT doesn't? The blurry LCD panel on the west railway

Comment

Given only 2 terminals and 2 runways, they still carry more passengers each year vs Singapore airport right?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            Given only 2 terminals and 2 runways, they still carry more passengers each year vs Singapore airport right?
            Yes, and that's why it is an issue for HKIA according to the article..

Comment

Originally posted by orionmiz View Post
              Yes, and that's why it is an issue for HKIA according to the article..
              I don't think this is really the issue. I think the issue is the fact that cities in Asia are rapidly building infrastructures to meet the demand or even build them thinking of the future demand while HKIA is just sitting idle and there is no "desire" to even think of the future. Let's build a third runway... and get it ready in 10 years. By that time HKIA would probably need even more capacities.

To a certain extend, in the long term, HK should probably think about a new airport. third runway will surely help to increase the number of rotations but with the airspace limitation, the terrain ... I highly doubt it will help HKIA to catch up with the demand in the 10-15 years timeframe
              Last edited by blandy62; 7 November 2017, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by blandy62 View Post
                I don't think this is really the issue. I think the issue is the fact that cities in Asia are rapidly building infrastructures to meet the demand or even build them thinking of the future demand while HKIA is just sitting idle and there is no "desire" to even think of the future. Let's build a third runway... and get it ready in 10 years. By that time HKIA would probably need even more capacities.

To a certain extend, in the long term, HK should probably think about a new airport. third runway will surely help to increase the number of rotations but with the airspace limitation, the terrain ... I highly doubt it will help HKIA to catch up with the demand in the 10-15 years timeframe
                Don't think they have that land to built another new airport. Even if there is, they would use that land to settle the housing issues first.

Comment

Housing is an other issue...

But to stay on that airport question, I totally agree. There is no way to build an other one unless they go for a radical solution like KIX or NGO... Third runway will just be temporary relief in particular if they cant sort out the airspace issue.

Comment

It can be compliment via airport in Shenzhen. Is a matter of want other don't want to invest. Believe China is fully capable to do it if they determine this is a need.

Comment

Working...
                    X