Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early check in of bags in SIN

Long time no see SQTalk!

I'll be travelling FRA-SIN in October on SQ with family, and then around 36 hours later SIN-BNE. Upon arrival at SIN, would it be possible to immediately check in two bags for the SIN-BNE flight so we don't have to wrestle with them in Singapore, and then on the day of the flight check the third bag in before we fly?

Same in reverse on the BNE-SIN / SIN-FRA leg, so again we only have one bag of stuff in Singapore.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/g...unter-checkin/ indicates that one can check in up to 48h 40m prior to flight, but I'm not sure about adding the third bag later.

Any tips most appreciated for this fairly infrequent flyer these days!
    Last edited by nickbot; 15 May 2019, 04:21 PM.

This also-infrequent flyer would like to reassure you that it would not be any issue at all

But hey, what would we know...

Comment

Haha, many thanks Sir

Comment

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        Upon arrival at SIN, would it be possible to immediately check in two bags for the SIN-BNE flight so we don't have to wrestle with them in Singapore, and then on the day of the flight check the third bag in before we fly?
        Depends if you're flying the usual F Class.
        HUGE AL

Comment

As Kyo says, no problem adding the extra bag when you got to Changi to take your flight.

What dates in October are you passing through ?. I've been in town a few times when you have in the last few years, so who knows...

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
          No F to BNE fella.

Comment

What about checking the two bags thru at FRA all the way to BNE? That may be worth a try, instead of taking them out at SIN and rechecking?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              F it is,...

... as in Funnily enough in the Far rear of the Farkin Flight

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                What about checking the two bags thru at FRA all the way to BNE? That may be worth a try, instead of taking them out at SIN and rechecking?
                Oooh, now there's a thought - certainly worth a try!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                  As Kyo says, no problem adding the extra bag when you got to Changi to take your flight.
                  Cool thank you Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post

What dates in October are you passing through ?. I've been in town a few times when you have in the last few years, so who knows...

No F to BNE fella.
                    Starting to sound like another SIN DO in the making!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Starting to sound like another SIN DO in the making!
                      About time to organize one, Kyo!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                        About time to organize one, Kyo!
                        Wouldn't want to derail this thread!

Comment

Originally posted by Short Final View Post
                          Not about Changi but even in Heathrow, I once checked in an extra bag airside while in transit cos I decided I didn't want to lug it around anymore. Adding bags (as long as you're within limits) is no problem at all

Comment

Originally posted by EWR View Post
                            Not about Changi but even in Heathrow, I once checked in an extra bag airside while in transit cos I decided I didn't want to lug it around anymore. Adding bags (as long as you're within limits) is no problem at all
                            ... and positively encouraged by some airlines at least (looking at BA ) which unfortunately are often rammed full of bags in the cabin due to hand luggage only fares!

Comment

Working...
                            X