SQ Pakistan just twice weekly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ Pakistan just twice weekly?

I am surprised that SQ are operating just two flights a week to Lahore and Karachi, its not like them, can you please explain please.

Yeah, I'm not sure if SQ had more flights before. I know they are cutting down 11% of all flights because of the current economy, so it may be because of that. I think the flight is actually a one-way flight: SIN-KHI-LHE-SIN.

Comment

SQ operated three times weekly, the current twice weekly was introduced in winter 2008, before 2002 they flew in four times a week.

Comment

If the security situation in Pakistan continues to deteriorate, sad as it may be, the possibility of singapore airlines withdrawing altogether from Pakistan in the future must be a possibility.

Comment

Looks like the aircraft changed from spacebed config to 2 class regional too. Blech.

Comment

Do the crews rest in Pakistan or they return to SIN on the same flight?

Comment

Originally posted by qasr View Post
              Looks like the aircraft changed from spacebed config to 2 class regional too. Blech.
              Hmm... since when did SQ operate Spacebed to Pakistan? I flew the route in 2006 few times and it was always regional 3 class 772-Q.

Originally posted by zilchster
              Do the crews rest in Pakistan or they return to SIN on the same flight?
              Yeah, the crews do overnight. I regularly saw them having breakfast together at my hotel in Karachi (prob best I don't specific hotel name). May have changed since 2006 though I guess.

Comment

Thanks Miles.

I wonder why they put the crews up overnight in Pakistan considering the situation to be rather volatile.

Comment

Working...
                X