The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Sure!! Sorry, I don't know or understand why that can of worms even opened up to begin with. I prefer talking about the context of the thread rather than with that. My bad everyone.
    For the benefit of my Indian-American friend, CB is an acronym for a certain part of the female anatomy in one of the chinese dialects.......a pretty popular swear word in this sunny island.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
      Can we go back to the 787s, instead of discussing female anatomy?
      I'm afraid I'm equally mystified here.

I also went to significant lengths to find out about the inference so as not to look ignorant and was quite happy to discover that 'Cb' refers to Cumulonimbus clouds in aviation, which as I understand is one of the very dangerous scenarios for turbulence and should not be flown into.

Now I discover this was a double entendre referencing a field of knowledge that I have no experience of... Great.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I wonder what they don't like about SCA? Goes in the same vein as SWC and SKO.

As discussed in another thread, Vistara might get some of the old 772s to begin long haul operations, which does answer the question of why they are bothering to reupholster and improve IFE in such old planes with 787s on the way.
        What's wrong with SCA?
        If that's the case they might well be skipping SCX as well since this means their major competitior 'CX' - Cathay Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
          So, 9V-SC was indeed used for the freighters in the past...
          Yep. Originally the same aircraft was a passenger config when they converted they never changed the rego.

Comment

Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
            What's wrong with SCA?
            If that's the case they might well be skipping SCX as well since this means their major competitior 'CX' - Cathay Pacific.
            Scroll up, there's an explanation

SCX won't happen regardless of CX. No SQ registrations ever use X.

Comment

A Sneak Peak at Singapore Airlines’ First Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

https://supertravelme.com/flying/sin...10-dreamliner/
              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Livery looks better without a cheatline!

Comment

Originally posted by yflyer View Post
                  Livery looks better without a cheatline!
                  What livery? ha ha

Comment

I hope the new regional J will be a game changer in the 787-10! The projected Entry into Service is Jan 2018 and training has already commenced for the 787-10. This aircraft is rumoured to start serving all North Asian routes progressively.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                      A Sneak Peak at Singapore Airlines’ First Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner

https://supertravelme.com/flying/sin...10-dreamliner/
                      Looks amazing! Hope this will also replace the A330 routes. I certainly wouldn't mind a 787 shorthaul from MAA or any Indian destination served by SQ. Looking forward to its entry in service.

Comment

some interesting info from 787 blog....

http://nyc787.blogspot.sg/2017/10/bo...ction-787.html

ZC003 (LN 622, 9V-SCB) will undergo painting followed by extensive ground testing for the remainder of the year. According to sources it will then be placed into storage until March where it will then undergo flight tests starting approximately in mid March. It will continue testing activities into April and there appears to be a tentative delivery time frame of mid to late April 2018.

Oddly this aircraft may not be the first 787-10 delivered to Singapore but the second one. ZC004 (LN 656) is tentatively scheduled to be delivered in March but that may change. This aircraft is not due to start final assembly until late November/early December. I'm pretty certain ZC003 will join the flight test program late in the 1st quarter of 2018 thus this is the reason why it would be delivered after ZC004.

Comment

Have SQ taken delivery of a test aircraft before?

Comment

So within 6 months SQ should have a 787 to fly and we can all see it's clearly not a Vistara, Scoot or anything other than SQ mainline on the tail.

The question now is... anyone with rumours about a launch destination?

Comment

Originally posted by Tonitan View Post
                              I hope the new regional J will be a game changer in the 787-10! The projected Entry into Service is Jan 2018 and training has already commenced for the 787-10. This aircraft is rumoured to start serving all North Asian routes progressively.
                              Any specifics or ideas, like perhaps KIX? Is China/Japan/Korea the likely field of possibilities?

I'm assuming we'd be expecting it to be a route that currently gets the A330 and that SQ want to impress or are faced with competition on.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Any specifics or ideas, like perhaps KIX? Is China/Japan/Korea the likely field of possibilities?

I'm assuming we'd be expecting it to be a route that currently gets the A330 and that SQ want to impress or are faced with competition on.
                                I'm most definitely not an expert or insider, but perhaps HKG? I notice the route uses an older 772 sometimes. And like you suggested, it is also an improvement over the 333. It has the mass of travellers (business as well as O&D) and faces fierce competition with CX. But perhaps knowing what seating configuration the 787-10 will have may shed some light as to the likely launch destinations.

I secretly hope they deploy it to CHC.

Comment

Working...
                                X