No announcement yet.

The SQ 787-10s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those wondering about colour schemes and stuff, there are a few places you can see what the colour schemes, and 'possible'* cabins..., are going to look like if you think about it (creatively!) and search in the right places.

*Inserts disclaimer....

Comment

• Originally posted by djsflynn View Post
      Yes, I remember an initial sense of 'shock' (as opposed to "shiok!") at the launch of the Y+ seats.

Very different to SQ's warmer tones, which was of course part of the idea - it's not J, it's Y+ so give it its own palette and make the colours more contemporary than Y (slate with a sharp bright 'pop' colour was arguably on-trend at the time).

I actually like the look of the Y+ cabin, it's very fresh, but I'm not sure this is the direction for SQ's hero cabin classes!
      Maybe in person it looks better. The orange is a bit jarring to me, but then again it does fit with the historical SQ orange color.

Comment

• I wonder whether tomorrow will also announce the introduction of new routes, such as:
        SIN-JFK
        SIN- LAX
        With A350ULR?

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
          I wonder whether tomorrow will also announce the introduction of new routes, such as:
          SIN-JFK
          SIN- LAX
          With A350ULR?
          Given UA is introducing LAX direct, my guess would be it's a likely candidate to be the first route. When it's announced I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            Given UA is introducing LAX direct, my guess would be it's a likely candidate to be the first route. When it's announced I don't know.
            That's possible, they did the same when UA first launched SIN-SFO nonstop. My guess is it could be a third addition to the LAX route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metropolitan Airlines View Post
              I wonder whether tomorrow will also announce the introduction of new routes, such as:
              SIN-JFK
              SIN- LAX
              With A350ULR?
              Don't forget we also have a third unnamed US destination as well

Comment

• I do hope they're happy with SIN-SFO being operated by the standard A350-900, and use the A350-900ULR for a new destination instead of SFO. A big gamble though, going from 0 to non-stop, ultra long haul.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                  I do hope they're happy with SIN-SFO being operated by the standard A350-900, and use the A350-900ULR for a new destination instead of SFO. A big gamble though, going from 0 to non-stop, ultra long haul.
                  And with a cabin catered to business users only

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                    I do hope they're happy with SIN-SFO being operated by the standard A350-900, and use the A350-900ULR for a new destination instead of SFO. A big gamble though, going from 0 to non-stop, ultra long haul.
                    I get what you mean but I still know and expect they put a 359ULR for SFO especially if they want to eliminate weight restrictions especially during the Winter where there can be strong headwinds. Now, if SQ did do YVR, that may be feasible with the 359 alone

SQ will definitely resume LAX, NYC, and the third new destination. That's why they ordered the 359ULR.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                      Now, if SQ did do YVR, that may be feasible with the 359 alone
                      I'm not sure if YVR is premium enough. The 359 can probably do it without much fuss but its viability is another story.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                        I'm not sure if YVR is premium enough. The 359 can probably do it without much fuss but its viability is another story.
                        I asked mostly about the range and in terms of weight restrictions not about whether YVR is premium or not. My bad if I confused anyone. But thanks though

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                          Yeah YVR definitely won't happen.

This raises an interesting point though in terms of capability- if SQ wanted to do SEA as has been chatted about here before, they could therefore do it easily with the existing A359 fleet?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Yeah YVR definitely won't happen.

This raises an interesting point though in terms of capability- if SQ wanted to do SEA as has been chatted about here before, they could therefore do it easily with the existing A359 fleet?
                            Seattle seems quite unlikely. It's highly competitive with plenty of options on DL, EVA, OZ, NH etc. to North Asia, with connections to the rest of Asia. Sure, the SIA Group has a strong South East Asian network, but those passengers tend to be low-yielding. SQ could try targeting India-bound passengers, going up against Emirates which operates a less circuitous route via DXB to the Indian subcontinent.

It's a long shot but never say never. Maybe new partner Alaska can help push US-originating passengers onto SQ!

Comment

• I see Air Canada being better suited to launch a YVR service with their 787s. They’ve built up a robust Asian network out of Vancouver. I recall reading a recent article stating YVR-SIN was under evaluation. Its also a destination on Changi’s target list.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                                I see Air Canada being better suited to launch a YVR service with their 787s. They’ve built up a robust Asian network out of Vancouver. I recall reading a recent article stating YVR-SIN was under evaluation. Its also a destination on Changi’s target list.
                                Agreed. If we look at approvals for such a venture, there's one country that will preference building its hub airport over protecting its national carrier and one country that will do the opposite.

Comment

Working...
                                X