Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    [
    A one-day pass would be the way to gain access, though I think the pass is rather pricey unless he will pass through a bunch of Admirals Clubs during his journey that day or he has a long layover at JFK.
    US$50 IIRC.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Here is the link:

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...eDayPass.jhtml

One-Day Pass. All The Admirals Club® Benefits

Experience The Admirals Club® Lounge With A One-Day Pass

The Admirals Club One-Day Pass is a great way for anyone to experience the many Admirals Club amenities. The day pass is available to anyone 18 or older and can be purchased online or, at our convenient Self-Service Check-In machines or in an Admirals Club lounge. The cost is just $50 for one person, $75 for two or $100 for three - a small price to pay for everything the lounges have to offer.
      your one-day pass can be used at multiple lounges throughout your day of travel.
      Last edited by CGK; 22 June 2007, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
        US$50 IIRC.
        Yup, pricey IMO unless the layover is long, or multiple visits are possible, or there are irregular ops.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

upright man's friend is flying from JFK, which doesn't have a Flagship Lounge. If it's who I think it is , he's also not a OW frequent flyer.
          Yeah, its him, my friend M., you've met him before at the Post bar DO.

Further info from him : he's flying SQ to JFK (SQ26 I presume), then many hours' layover, before an AA Economy flight to Buenos Aires !
          Thats why the lounge access at JFK is so important.
          Anyway he's coming to the New Asia bar DO in July, and I'll ask him to consult KeithMEL and SQFG - I think he said he can re-do his whole itinerary to fly by UA, but I think he's going out of his way to fly SQ !
          J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Where's he commencing his journey?
            There are rather affordable LX C (Z class) fares ex-BKK to South America last I checked. Avoids the transit via USA too.
            Last edited by KeithMEL; 22 June 2007, 08:58 PM.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Starting his trip from SIN.
              As I said, I think he's going out of his way to fly SQ, and he's not paying for it. We'll find out more from him during our July 17th DO - his trip is in Oct so there's still time to make changes.
              J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Just wondering if he could do SIN(SQ)ZRH(LX)GRU(LH)EZE or SIN(SQ)FRA(LH)EZE via GRU.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  Just wondering if he could do SIN(SQ)ZRH(LX)GRU(LH)EZE or SIN(SQ)FRA(LH)EZE via GRU.
                  I have no idea, I didn't do any research for him, he just wanted to clarify about lounge access at VS JFK.
                  Anyway, thanks for your help 9V-JKL and everyone else !
                  J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

If I am travelling on a paid first class ticket jfk-fra-sin, am I allowed to bring in a guest to the VS lounge?

Comment

Unfortunately, no guest privileges if you hold an SQ BP.

Welcome to SQTalk, dcflyer.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by dcflyer View Post
                        If I am travelling on a paid first class ticket jfk-fra-sin, am I allowed to bring in a guest to the VS lounge?
                        Unfortunately, no guest privileges if you hold an SQ BP.

Welcome to SQTalk, dcflyer.
                        I guess it is really case by case. Last time in April, I asked the girl who checked me in whether I could invite one of those German hunks who checked in at C and Y counter. She told me yes, I could have one guest. I did asked several German travelling alone, they all declined the offer. They thought I am a nutcase, I guess.
                        Perhaps she approved the guest allowance because I am TPP as well as a F pax. But again, different day perhaps different situation.
                        Anyway, welcome to SQTalk, dcflyer! Enjoy your SQ25 to FRA in F. It will be a let down for the lounge access at FRA while transiting.

Comment

Thanks for the quick responses and the welcomes. I guess I'll give it a try and see what happens and report back.

Comment

let us kno mate

Comment

I asked at check-in and was told one guest was allowed in the VS lounge.

Went to the lounge and was allowed to bring in one guest.

Comment

Originally posted by dcflyer View Post
                                I asked at check-in and was told one guest was allowed in the VS lounge.

Went to the lounge and was allowed to bring in one guest.
                                Thank you for confirming this.

Comment

Working...
                                X