SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th December 2019, 01:01 PM   #271
ell3
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 14-Jul-2015
Posts: 322
Default

So there’s officially only one STx aircraft remaining...STC.
How odd.
ell3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2019, 09:32 PM   #272
SQ228
SQTalk Life Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2010
Location: MEL & greatly missing the world
Programs: KF Pleb
Posts: 2,905
Default

So now the only STx left in service is the indefatigable STC. SSA has now stopped flying and SSB likely will before the end of the financial year, so probably the eight remaining will be SSC-I & STC.

If all of the second order are on 6 year leases, SSI will likely be withdrawn from service around July 2021, not long after SSH. So far withdrawal from service has been fairly consistently around 2 months prior to the date of joining the fleet 6 years earlier. From here on we could expect an A330 departure around every 3 months until the last two of the SSx series leave almost together. STC however... who knows!
SQ228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2019, 02:49 PM   #273
ponders
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 24-Nov-2016
Posts: 52
Default

SSI is currently under repair in YGN I supposed, but it seems SIA's A330 flights are somewhat quite unaffected other than some frames are doing more work back to back. SSH seems to be working hard.


Just curious, I believe SSI was on a turnaround flight such that food and towels are brought from Singapore for the return flight. But upon landing at YGN SSI got damaged and have been grounded for 11 days.

My question is, what happens to that return flight food and the used towels from the onward flight? Would it be transferred to the rescuing 777 (SVB) or simply disposed in YGN since I believe SIA wouldn't have catering/laundry contracts in YGN.

Worse, it is still in the grounded SSI?
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2019, 11:26 PM   #274
oliverdave
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 02-Aug-2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponders View Post
My question is, what happens to that return flight food and the used towels from the onward flight? Would it be transferred to the rescuing 777 (SVB) or simply disposed in YGN since I believe SIA wouldn't have catering/laundry contracts in YGN.

Worse, it is still in the grounded SSI?
I would expect them to use the food since thereís no reason I know of that they wouldnít.
oliverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2019, 08:28 AM   #275
flyguy
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 21-Dec-2006
Posts: 1,837
Default

Would bthat the ferrying aircraft to bring back the stranded pax would have been loaded with fresh meals. The meals of the grounded aircraft would have been disposed off in Yangon.
flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2019, 01:54 PM   #276
ponders
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 24-Nov-2016
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdave View Post
I would expect them to use the food since thereís no reason I know of that they wouldnít.
I would think there's a food safety issue and that there is no handling contract in YGN to even transfer between both planes.

Trying not to go off topic here. Guess we should end discussion about this here.
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2019, 04:34 PM   #277
boing
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 27-Oct-2008
Posts: 688
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boing View Post
Not sure of the flight numbers but the routes they currently fly are:
YGN
HAN
MAA
DAC
KIX
SUB
DPS
KUL
BKK
HKG
AMD
BUS
We can now add ADL and CTS to that list.
boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2019, 12:31 AM   #278
hjerapa
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 20-Jun-2010
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ228 View Post
So now the only STx left in service is the indefatigable STC. SSA has now stopped flying and SSB likely will before the end of the financial year, so probably the eight remaining will be SSC-I & STC.

If all of the second order are on 6 year leases, SSI will likely be withdrawn from service around July 2021, not long after SSH. So far withdrawal from service has been fairly consistently around 2 months prior to the date of joining the fleet 6 years earlier. From here on we could expect an A330 departure around every 3 months until the last two of the SSx series leave almost together. STC however... who knows!
I finally discovered the issue with STC compared with the newer A330s, the seat belt in J class, is half the length of the others. This was quite common in the older A330s. It makes the seat super uncomfortable for larger sized people like me... why would they still keep STC....sigh...
hjerapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2019, 09:07 PM   #279
ponders
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 24-Nov-2016
Posts: 52
Default

9V-SSI "snuck back" from Yangon yesterday maintaining 9000ft and flying very slow. Flight from YGN took 4+ hours.
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 02:37 PM   #280
9V-SPL
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
9V-SPL's Avatar
 
Join Date: 26-Dec-2006
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,070
Default

9V-STU just departed SIN and is headed for SHJ as SQ8893.
__________________
Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...
9V-SPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 03:05 PM   #281
oliverdave
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 02-Aug-2019
Posts: 102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SPL View Post
9V-STU just departed SIN and is headed for SHJ as SQ8893.
Itís still registered 9V-STU. Anyone know what itís going to Sharjah for? Storage?
oliverdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2019, 05:50 PM   #282
Not You
SQTalk PPS Club
 
Join Date: 16-Jun-2016
Posts: 329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdave View Post
Itís still registered 9V-STU. Anyone know what itís going to Sharjah for? Storage?
She is going to Beja. Should be heading for a 2nd life with Hifly.
Not You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2019, 10:42 AM   #283
jul247
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2010
Location: Bandar Sunway, Selangor
Posts: 178
Send a message via MSN to jul247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not You View Post
She is going to Beja. Should be heading for a 2nd life with Hifly.
Correct.

9V-STU will become 9H-HFC
9V-STZ will become 9H-HFE
9V-SSB will become 9H-HFF

HiFly has uploaded their LOPA on their website:
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfc/
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfe/
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hff/

Now SQ A330 fleet is down to last 10, with one 9V-SSA in storage now.

Peaked at 34, out of 24 which have retired, only following are now orphaned:
MSN 1157 9V-STS
MSN 1447 9V-STW

Last edited by jul247; 19th December 2019 at 11:13 AM..
jul247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2019, 11:33 AM   #284
ponders
SQTalk Elite Silver
 
Join Date: 24-Nov-2016
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul247 View Post
Correct.

9V-STU will become 9H-HFC
9V-STZ will become 9H-HFE
9V-SSB will become 9H-HFF

HiFly has uploaded their LOPA on their website:
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfc/
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hfe/
https://www.hifly.aero/fleet/a330/9h-hff/

Now SQ A330 fleet is down to last 10, with one 9V-SSA in storage now.

Peaked at 34, out of 24 which have retired, only following are now orphaned:
MSN 1157 9V-STS
MSN 1447 9V-STW
9V-SSI won't be flying for some time too, so effectively 9 operational planes.
ponders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2019, 12:02 PM   #285
jul247
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 03-Dec-2010
Location: Bandar Sunway, Selangor
Posts: 178
Send a message via MSN to jul247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponders View Post
9V-SSI won't be flying for some time too, so effectively 9 operational planes.
Thanks for the heads up. That would be 8 actually. 9V-SSA is also stored for some time. Not sure how long 9V-SSI will be out of action for. It was shuttled back 0n 14th Dec 2019, highest altitude was 9,150ft. The damage must be pretty serious. https://www.flightradar24.com/data/a...v-ssi#232e11aa
jul247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net