Changi mulls fast lane for top fliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi mulls fast lane for top fliers

From today's print edition of The New Paper (can't find link yet)

Says that Changi may soon have 'fast track' for immigration for F/C pax.

Sounds like an ego-stroke.

I mean, do they really need a Fast Track lane at Changi? IME, there has never been much of a queue at Changi. Even my NYC-honed impatience hasn't been put on edge by the waiting times.

The lines at LHR, on the other hand, ...
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

I never find it an issue in Changi. It used to be better when the lane that is used by those who had the access card were solely for those who had the access card. With the machine readable passports, this queue is now much slower than before.

Comment

Unless they are anticipating problems at T3 we don't know about yet I can't see why they would need this to be honest. The place is so bl**dy efficient it works great as it is.

How about bigger lounges instead.

Comment

fast track at immigration the least thing wished for on the wish list i believe - bigger loungers with enhanced beneifts, special security lines enforced for premium passengers , arrival lounge as well perhaps .....just the beginning lol

Comment

I've had to wait more than 5 minutes. Once I probably had to wait more than 10 minutes. Fast track immigration for F/C passengers would be very welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

The lines at LHR, on the other hand, ...
              Urgh, reminds me of the horrid time I had passing through Immigration last week. Took me almost 45 minutes to clear. (*&^. Oh, and I absolutely hated the 'traffic officer' who directs which lane I should take. He's just being such a PITA! Got a good shouting from a pax!

Must get IRIS done. No queue at ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                Must get IRIS done. No queue at ALL.
                The last time I used IRIS the queue was almost as bad as the normal line. It was in T4 where there is only one machine and about half the people trying to use could not get it work to it took ages to get through.

I have heard rumours that they might scrap IRIS as it takes too long for each passenger to get through the machine.
                Last edited by Lobster; 12 May 2007, 12:30 PM.

Comment

... or install something better like the fingerprint scanners at HKG which work great!

I tried to register for IRIS yesterday at LGW N. The staff were very patient but after about 15 minutes of trying (glasses off; glasses on; eyes wide open; etc), I failed to register for IRIS. My eyes unconsciously and constantly move slightly so the system can't get clear images. Unless they replace IRIS with something better, it's a lifetime of queueing for me...

Comment

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                    I've had to wait more than 5 minutes. Once I probably had to wait more than 10 minutes. Fast track immigration for F/C passengers would be very welcome.
                    At many other airports, including MEL at peak periods, I'd be rushing out to get a lottery ticket if I manage to clear immigration in under 20 mins.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                      ... or install something better like the fingerprint scanners at HKG which work great!

I tried to register for IRIS yesterday at LGW N. The staff were very patient but after about 15 minutes of trying (glasses off; glasses on; eyes wide open; etc), I failed to register for IRIS. My eyes unconsciously and constantly move slightly so the system can't get clear images. Unless they replace IRIS with something better, it's a lifetime of queueing for me...
                      Wow, didn't know it was that difficult to get yourself registered for IRIS. You must have eyes that just can't stay still! Are you going to try again? I think you should...

I finally managed to use IRIS for the first time a week back. Previously the machines were not working but last week was a breeze. There were no queue at all, and I was out in a less than 20 seconds from the time I arrive at the machine and out. This was the first time that I got to the baggage claim belt before the bags arrive!

The only downside is that you don't get a stamp in your passport!!

btw, love how the doors slide open when you enter the machine, very futuristic.

Comment

Forgot all about this thread. T3 will now have it

Comment

The only downside is that you don't get a stamp in your passport!!
                          I'm not with you here. Why is not getting a another stamp in your passport a 'downside' ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            I'm not with you here. Why is not getting a another stamp in your passport a 'downside' ?.
                            It's nice to have stamps on your passport, it's kinda like a nice log of where and when you've traveled. Now my passport's gonna be all blank.
                            Last edited by quik!; 17 November 2007, 05:40 AM.

Comment

It's nice to have stamps on the passport, it's kinda like a nice log of where you've traveled and dates of the travel. Now my passport's gonna be all blank.
                              Swap you!. I'm the opposite, and hate it when some numpty opens up a perfectly good clear page and bangs a poxy stamp right in the middle of the page when there are plenty of half used pages they could use, thus meaning that page is no good for a visa.

I've got two Passports, both are less than 3 years old. One is already full and is getting replaced next month and the other will last me until next summer, mainly as I want to avoid going to the US with a brand new British passport, or I risk getting jjpb3'd by US immigration...

Comment

Working...
                              X