Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J pax bringing siblings in Y into SKL (no status)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J pax bringing siblings in Y into SKL (no status)

Hello all,

I am travelling in J to LHR in Dec, but my sister will be in Y.

I have no status whatsoever and am wondering if:

1. Generally speaking, the lounge dragons would be okay to accommodate her in.
    2. Heathrow fast track pass - can i request an additional one for my sister?

Thanks!

I don't think an economy passenger is entitled to business class benefits just because she's the sibling of a business class passenger on the same flight. Seems to me she should buy a business class ticket to enjoy business class perks, or either passenger should earn those lounge benefits through status.

Comment

Fast track pass is easy to get, just check-in together and request it.

Lounge will most likely be a no... They have become a lot stricter about access rules and scan all boarding cards. Business Class pax are not entitled to guests. No harm in asking, but it's very unlikely.
      Fly well,
      Travel safe,
      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

Originally posted by sinequanon88 View Post
        Hello all,

I am travelling in J to LHR in Dec, but my sister will be in Y.

I have no status whatsoever and am wondering if:

1. Generally speaking, the lounge dragons would be okay to accommodate her in.
        2. Heathrow fast track pass - can i request an additional one for my sister?

Thanks!
        how old is your sister

Comment

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
          Fast track pass is easy to get, just check-in together and request it.

Lounge will most likely be a no... They have become a lot stricter about access rules and scan all boarding cards. Business Class pax are not entitled to guests. No harm in asking, but it's very unlikely.
          thanks man. but the one fast track pass (pink card) for clearance at heathrow's immigration into London - is it given at check-in desk or onboard plane?

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sinequanon88 View Post
            thanks man. but the one fast track pass (pink card) for clearance at heathrow's immigration into London - is it given at check-in desk or onboard plane?

thanks!
            Fast track for Heathrow arrivals is given onboard. You will be given one by the crew usually nearing the end of the flight. As for your sister, it's entirely at the discretion of the crew whether or not they want to give. Just ask nicely and see how they respond. Maybe they won't have enough etc. But you definitely need a physical card. A premium BP alone won't suffice.

For T2 departures, no card or whatsoever. Just scan your BP at the gantry in the Fast Track lane and you should be admitted based on your registered credentials/class. You can't guest your sister. Anyway, there usually isn't much of a queue at departures as it's just security. It's the arrivals immigration and border screening that's a madhouse, also, depending on what time you arrive.

Comment

Originally posted by wdranne View Post
              It's the arrivals immigration and border screening that's a madhouse, also, depending on what time you arrive.
              Sometimes, the "fast" track lanes can be just as slow as the regular queues. Not the huge deal if you can't get a fast track pass IMO.

Comment

for our june trip, my dd left her fast track pass onboard the plane (she was in J), but she just followed me (i had one) and no issues at LHR. She's 13 though.. not sure if her age played a part.

Comment

Working...
                X