X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cathay Chief Lashes Out

Cathay Chief Lashes Out

I particularly like this quote:

"I am always astonished when I hear how much what you sell us costs. Big things, small things, seats, engines, parts of all kinds - how can they be so expensive?' he told a room packed with suppliers at the Asian Aerospace International Expo and Congress in Hong Kong, the region's largest air show.

'The result is that a premium seat and its furniture costs more than a top-quality sports car. If our passengers only knew what some of our costs were, there would be no complaints about the costs of premium fares."

Costs end up being passed through to the end-users, no doubt... premium/economy fliers alike

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Cathay Chief Lashes Out

I particularly like this quote:

"I am always astonished when I hear how much what you sell us costs. Big things, small things, seats, engines, parts of all kinds - how can they be so expensive?' he told a room packed with suppliers at the Asian Aerospace International Expo and Congress in Hong Kong, the region's largest air show.

'The result is that a premium seat and its furniture costs more than a top-quality sports car. If our passengers only knew what some of our costs were, there would be no complaints about the costs of premium fares."

Costs end up being passed through to the end-users, no doubt... premium/economy fliers alike
    Utter BS - this is just about an airline that does not understand how to bring down costs. While they are indeed hooked up with Boeing or Airbus for airplane parts, there is also always a next airplane order... When it comes to seats, there a couple of manufactorer - if you place orders for 10,000 seats I would expect that you are in a position to negotiate.

Comment

Working...
    X