G Hotel Penang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Hotel Penang

Preferring boutique hotels to chains, we decided on the G Hotel in Penang.
    A corporate rate of 50% made the decision quite easy as well.

Located along Gurney drive with the touristy hawker centre 3 mins walk away and a mall next door, it was nicely located for us.

http://www.ghotel.com.my/

During check-in, you get a scoop in-house ice-cream. Check-in was not so nice with them refusing to honour brekkies. A call to the sales manager did resolve it.
    Our room was large at 55sqm. But these do not have sea views. (You win some, you lose some). Sea view rooms were 38sqm for not much less $$ so IMO not really worth it.
    Best part was the free mini-bar but only soft drinks were available. Only wired internet available; free but slow

The wait-staff at the hotel cafe were ab fab. Brekkies were quite decent; though we only ate there once as should be the case given Penang's fair share of good food
    Last edited by 9V-JKL; 6 August 2009, 12:42 PM.

Lobby

Front Desk

Lounge: just beyond the lobby area

Comment

50% makes all the difference indeed. Otherwise, I'd consider their rates exorbitant. I did check out the downstairs lobby etc and that was quite decent, surrounded by a bit of nightlife also.

Ended up at the Traders Hotel who are yet to credit me my double BonusChoice KF miles.

Did you get the 50% off KF miles promo?

Comment

Executive Superior Room

We had the largish 55sqm Executive Superior Room

Comment

Nice lobby/lounge area!
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

i'm going to stay there this long weekend! do they provide toothbrush kits?

also, i presumed u booked using the corporate rate application form on the website - were you on a leisure trip and did they do any sort of verification?
            Last edited by jjpb3; 7 August 2009, 12:48 AM. Reason: merge posts

Comment

No, there wasn't any toothbrush kit. Or at least I don't remember
              It was a leisure trip booked by a family member who had that corp rate. Said member showed their ID; we had 3 rooms

Comment

Orh.... thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X