Changi Airport & SQ featured in Madonna's Hard & Sticky Tour Video Backdrop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changi Airport & SQ featured in Madonna's Hard & Sticky Tour Video Backdrop

0:12 features Changi T2 viewing gallery and a SQ 777 on the tarmac! "SIN" was also featured as a fickering image later in the video. Catch a glimpse of "Singapore" on a boarding pass too. This video was used as a stage backdrop for her hit "Miles Away" on her last tour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBdWDZr13ng

Someone please inform CAAS that they have made it to Madonna's video for at least 4 Seconds!
    Last edited by Caravelle; 7 March 2009, 12:12 AM.

Madonna literally in front of Changi Airport Terminal 2 viewing gallery!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XegYjZIOkEc

Comment

Gosh! She's still pretty good considering how old she is!

Thanks for posting.

Hope more will use Changi after this video!

Comment

I see Singapore Airlines, Aeroflot and Lufthansa. And what a song! Madonna's voice is amazing!
        Last edited by s7r0ng3r; 9 March 2009, 09:54 AM.

Comment

"The closest we'll get to having Madonna here?" An analysis from a 'mini-fan'

That's as close as we'll get to having Madonna I reckon.

I confess to being somewhat a fan of Madonna (a 'mini-fan', I qualify). I heard her songs as a child, they string bring back memories for me but I really became interested in her music and her interesting personality when I bought her album Music in 2000. I was 13 then.

I read Madonna wanted to perform here in her 1993 Girlie Show tour but the more conservative authorities here back then didn't allow that rauncy show here because of its heavy sex themes and partial nudity.

In 2005 Madonna topped the list of performers the Singapore Tourism Board wants down in Singapore, I read in the Straits Times. Heard no news from there.

Well Madonna is perhaps the greatest female performer of all time, she's had the highest grossing tours for a female and keeps out-topping her own record, now with her Sticky and Sweet tour. She's the most profitable as well- her tickets sell at astronomical prices and most of her shows are sell-outs! Tickets for her show go for $300-$1500 each when I checked for her previous Confessions tour.

I doubt she'd come here. She usually only performs in the US, Europe and occassionally Japan these days. For her to come down, there must be a market big enough for her. Her US shows usually cater for $40,000-$70,000 people. I doubt she'd deem it proitable to bring her team down unless she could get perhaps 3 shows holding an average of 50,000. So that makes a total of 150,000 attendees.

I doubt Madonna has so many fans here! But it could work. Madonna could use Singapore as a hub for her Southeast and East Asian fans. Fans in countries like Malaysia and Thailand would find it a lot cheaper to catch her show her than the US or Europe.

Madonna's a smart business woman, I'm sure her team would have thought it through. I guess there probably isn't enough fanfare for her here and it doesn't seem as profitable so she'd rather not. She probably expects her fans to fly down to the US or Europe to catch her and I think a lot of them do. I'd just get catch them on DVD

Comment

Working...
          X