Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ICN] SQ - Silver Kris Lounge (Business Class)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
    Silverkris Lounge in Seoul have reopened
    Visited the place last week. Around Gate 29.

There is a bar counter.

Food selection is quite good.

Lounge is equipped with showers too.

Comment

Any photos to share? Interested to know as I will be making several trips to ICN over the next few months.

Comment

The new lounge is really nice. Includes a round bar in the centre of the lounge.

The food looks also op-up from the old Silver Kris Lounge.

I guess that is the pre-view of whats gonna come up in Changi.

Comment

Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post
          Any photos to share? Interested to know as I will be making several trips to ICN over the next few months.
          Hi PPSFlyer,

Sorry for the delayed response

I posted a link here where you can see my pics on my Insta account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B49aVWKgO4J/

Comment

Originally posted by zilchster View Post
            Hi PPSFlyer,

Sorry for the delayed response

I posted a link here where you can see my pics on my Insta account.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B49aVWKgO4J/
            Thanks. It looks like a really nice lounge, let's hope the food is just as good.

Comment

Thanks. It looks like a really nice lounge, let's hope the food is just as good.

I would have thought they would maintain the "Home away from Home" design for ICN. I suppose this is a hybrid design since I can see that they have retained the high back chairs with orchid motif found in the newer overseas SKL. Is there a F class section?

Any one knows how the newly renovated OZ lounge compares to SKL?
              Last edited by icn.sg; 18 November 2019, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by icn.sg View Post
                I would have thought they would maintain the "Home away from Home" design for ICN. I suppose this is a hybrid design since I can see that they have retained the high back chairs with orchid motif found in the newer overseas SKL. Is there a F class section?

Any one knows how the newly renovated OZ lounge compares to SKL?
                The newly renovated OZ Lounge is like the old OZ Lounge. Ther are no changes to design and setup, somone who is not visiting frequently would not even notice that it was renovated.
                Even the old SKL was already superior.
                Now with the new bar concept and (to my feeling) elevated food presentation definelty there is no question where to go.

There is no F section.

Comment

The food is pretty okay. There was chicken in a cream sauce, prawn toast, garlic shrimp, vegetarian curry, Korean pork belly.

Except...no champagne...or at least I was told they don't serve champagne on its own.

Comment

The food is pretty okay. There was chicken in a cream sauce, prawn toast, garlic shrimp, vegetarian curry, Korean pork belly.

Except...no champagne...or at least I was told they don't serve champagne on its own.
                    Thanks. Let's hope they have more Korean dishes. One of the reasons why I like the BKK and TPE lounge is that they have a good mix of local, western as well as Thai/Taiwanese food.

Comment

There was definitely a bottle that looks like champagne at the bar. Was a bit early for a bubbly so I didn't check the label.

Comment

Visited the new SKL in ICN, and it's probably the best Star Alliance lounge in ICN.

Quite centrally located.

Once you reach the top of the escalator, you will see lots of DFS goods strewn all over the place. It's a packing and delivery zone for all DFS purchases. It's a mess, and isnt the most welcoming scene before you reach the lounge. It's the same situation for OZ's Central Business Class lounge. Fortunately, the entrance to the lounge is across an overhead bridge and away from the mess.

Entrance

Batik motifs on the ceiling leading to the lounge. Rest of the lounge was bright and spacious. It did get a little crowded as the evening passed, but seats remained plentiful (but this could be because the load on SQ603 was quite light that night)

Food was very good and beautifully presented. Better than SKL MNL, but not as varied as LHR.

Overall a much better place to relax before your flight compared to the OZ lounge.

Comment

Very nice and thanks for sharing the pictures icn.sg This is so much better than the old lounge.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ025 View Post
                            There was definitely a bottle that looks like champagne at the bar. Was a bit early for a bubbly so I didn't check the label.
                            ...which I finally did on my last trip. To my disappointment it turned out to be a (cheap) German sparkling wine. Sadly.

Comment

Working...
                            X