Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever bought something because it was featured on SQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever bought something because it was featured on SQ?

Title says it all.
    Let's see how powerful travelling on Singapore Airlines can be a marketing tool for the vendors.

I have bought:

1) "How I Met Your Mother", "The Office" US Edition DVDs after I watched one episode on KrisWorld
    2) Salvatore Ferragamo Incanto perfume as used in the new F amenity kit (which I do not yet have)
    3) Givenchy Insense Ultramarine perfume used in Raffles circa 2000
    4) Gucci Nobile perfume used in First circa 1995
    5) Business Traveler magazine US Edition
    Last edited by StarG; 17 December 2006, 07:41 PM.

Sadly, can't afford the stuff that SQ advertises. I did accidentally take home some cutlery once......

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      3) Givenchy Insense Ultramarine perfume used in Raffles circa 2000
      I didn't buy it, but that was some good stuff. And when someone heard I liked it, a full bottle made its way from the Raffles lavs to my bag in the Y exit row

Comment

I've become an SK-II fan after buying on KrisShop. We gotta do what we can to protect our youthful looks, eh?

I've also been tempted by the Skagen and Mandarina Duck items, enough to investigate them on the ground, but I ended up deciding against the purchase.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by StarG
          1) "How I Met Your Mother", "The Office" US Edition DVDs after I watched one episode on KrisWorld
          Yay! I love both shows!

I actually bought the "Severance Package" special for The Office after watching it on KrisWorld. Also did the same for the three seasons of Arrested Development (probably the most intelligent sitcom ever).

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
            I've become an SK-II fan after buying on KrisShop. We gotta do what we can to protect our youthful looks, eh?

I've also been tempted by the Skagen and Mandarina Duck items, enough to investigate them on the ground, but I ended up deciding against the purchase.
            I was an SK-II fan before ever seeing it on SQ. Alongside MR's for PPS qualification, I'd rate that as an equally expensive hobby, if you could call it that!

Comment

Does buying the model of the plane you flew on count? Then Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                Well, I guess I have to second you. Bought A345 model when taking the inaugural flight SIN-LAX after browsing the KrisShop prior to that flight.

Comment

I like the Bvlgari cologne found in the F kit, which was kindly procured for me by CGK - thanks darl! Might buy it on the way home at duty free. Hopefully it's not too costly. Just in case the staff have no idea what "the Bvlgari cologne found in the old SQ First class kit" is - does anyone know its name?
                  All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                    I like the Bvlgari cologne found in the F kit, which was kindly procured for me by CGK - thanks darl! Might buy it on the way home at duty free. Hopefully it's not too costly. Just in case the staff have no idea what "the Bvlgari cologne found in the old SQ First class kit" is - does anyone know its name?
                    dear Keith....
                    do you want Bulgari cologne as Xmas gift directly from Italy?
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      dear Keith....
                      do you want Bulgari cologne as Xmas gift directly from Italy?
                      ooh - if you do not want to keep them and it doesn't cause too much hardship - courier them to me! Thanks Luke.
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Blu pour Homme

Comment

Originally posted by globetrekker84 View Post
                          Also did the same for the three seasons of Arrested Development (probably the most intelligent sitcom ever).
                          After two seasons I don't watch it anymore... too many annoying persons/parts & less funny ones!

Comment

The one before the Ferragamo was The Blanc (White Tea) and the one before that was BLU (written "BLV" & smelled yucky IMO ).

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                              Likewise. Also SKII, after hearing it receive wonderful reviews last May from a friend who is also a SQTer.

Comment

Working...
                              X