Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malaysian State Chief Minister in Y - top respect

http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/uploa...ad.php?t=22867

YAB Lim Guan Eng - I salute you for not wasting public funds.

I'm very sure as Chief Minister for a state in Malaysia he'd be entitled to J domestically.

P.s. The "ning" referred to in the thread is Ning Baizura. Supposedly a celebrity here in Malaysia, but I don't like her voice. Too nasal, you could say a little too Streisand. I like the one and only Barbara. The rest are just wannabes.

What are rombongans and kaum kerabats ? They sound like fruit!

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Although it was a good gesture of Lim Guan Eng to fly on Y class, I feel that it is not an important KPI of being a Minister.
      If it is possible to recruit Ministers who are very capable, and at the same time, don't mind flying Y class, stay in budget hotels and receive a modest pay check - Great !
      But in reality, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
      Might be better to recruit someone who demands top dollar, but can deliver the results.

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
        What are rombongans and kaum kerabats ? They sound like fruit!

They ARE fruit.

it's either that or

rombongan = group
        Kaum kerabat (diraja) = royalty

my Malay is rusty - so could be either one

Comment

[URL]

I'm very sure as Chief Minister for a state in Malaysia he'd be entitled to J domestically.
          The real test is if he chooses to fly Y on International sectors > 6hrs.

Comment

Not bad- here in Germany even our minister of the environment defends his right to fly on private jet (Ok, he's too fat for Y anyway )
            Capslock is cruise control for cool... not!

See you at W:O:A 2010- rain or shine!

Comment

there was a public uproar when our PM was upgraded from Y to C from BKK to VIE both ways (!) and he previously accused a politician from the previous coalition of unfair behavior when he let himself upgrade to C
              Home is where your heart is.

Comment

Its fine if he wants to travel economy (and clearly a populist choice) but like "acey", I don't think it's necessarily a good thing in terms of the job he does.

Comment

P.s. The "ning" referred to in the thread is Ning Baizura. Supposedly a celebrity here in Malaysia, but I don't like her voice. Too nasal, you could say a little too Streisand. I like the one and only Barbara. The rest are just wannabes.

Dato Lim... u have my utmost respect in flying Y. Because there is nearly no difference in flying MH J or Y apart from getting to emplan and deplane 1st. Having done so many shuttles from JHB to KUL onboard MH myself, I don't see any benefits of paying more to sit in J (F they call it for the matter). Mind you I have a big butt. The CM is prudent in saving $$$

Comment

Working...
                  X