Shangri-La's Golden Circle Executive for PPS members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shangri-La's Golden Circle Executive for PPS members

A nice little surprise. Anyone else got this ?.

Dear Mr MAN Flyer,

An Exclusive Invitation to Golden Circle, Shangri-La's Prestigious Recognition Programme

As a PPS Club member and discerning traveller, your comfort and convenience are our priority. We pay special attention to your personal tastes and needs, and strive to reward you with the very best in travel experiences.

Now, we are pleased to offer you the keys to an additional world of privilege and luxury. Your PPS Club membership gives you the privilege of becoming an Executive member of Golden Circle, Shangri-La's exclusive guest recognition programme......

It goes on to outline the benefits, stating that I need to reply by 31 May and the status is valid until 31 December 2009.

I do like Shang's and had just got my dormant basic Golden Circle membership re-activated earlier this year with my first stays in over a year. No idea what you normally have to do to qualify for Executive status at Golden Circle ?

How exclusive for you MAN Flyer

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      No idea what you normally have to do to qualify for Executive status at Golden Circle ?
      20 nights/year + stays at 2 different S-L. The highest is elite which requires 60 nights/year + stays at 3 different S-L.

Some nice benefits for executive, e.g. 4pm checkout, free breakfast, mileage bonus, guaranteed reservation, welcome amenity etc.

http://www.shangri-la.com/en/corporate/memberbenefits

Comment

Nice benefit, MAN Flyer. Where is your PPS account based? (I'm currently based in Japan and didn't get this offer. Maybe it's a targeted offer based on location?)

Comment

Originally posted by sfvoyage View Post
          Nice benefit, MAN Flyer. Where is your PPS account based?
          UK.

Be interested to hear if others got this offer, and if they have received their card/pack yet ?. We are now in August and I've had nothing....

Comment

Card and pack has finally landed.

In fairness to Shangri-La they seemed generally put out that it hadn't arrived and sent a new kit via courier straight away.

Timely for my visit to the board favourite Makati Shang next month.

Comment

Despite being PPS based in SIN (at least my mailing address) and having Shang shares, I never even got a sniff of it.

Comment

It would appear that they are doing this again.

Letter arrived last night in a joint PPS Club / Golden Circle envelope and it has a similar letter to the last time, again offering Golden Circle Executive until 31 December 2010 if you reply by 31/12/09. No reference to last years offer or extending it, it's just a new one.

Funnily enough I hardly stayed at Shang's this year. In fact I can only recall two or three stays at the Tanjung Aru in Kota Kinabalu and those stays were the only time I put any miles to KF this year.

Comment

I have also received this invite and have responded. Had 1 paid stay at Shangri-la Jkt this year.

Comment

Got this as well this year.. doesn't make much of a difference to me since I am Exec status with Golden Circle already..

Comment

I did not receive any....seems that it only applies to Solitaire members.

Comment

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
                        I did not receive any....seems that it only applies to Solitaire members.
                        It doesn't say anything about Solitaire on the covering letter or the form, just PPS.

Comment

It doesn't say anything about Solitaire on the covering letter or the form, just PPS.
                          Thanks for the clarifications. I was looking at the status on this thread that you, tfung and Pegasus were all listed as TPPS and jumped to that conclusion. Anyway, SQ did sent me another premier card from another Hotel chain last year.

By way, a Warm Welcome to SQTalk, Pegasus.

Comment

I just noticed my Golden Circle status is Executive as well. No idea how, I haven't stayed at a Shang in years. No SQ status either.

Comment

Letter arrived last night in a joint PPS Club / Golden Circle envelope and it has a similar letter to the last time, again offering Golden Circle Executive until 31 December 2010 if you reply by 31/12/09. No reference to last years offer or extending it, it's just a new one.
                              Well they may not have realised it when they sent it out, but they do now. I got an email about 10 days ago from them pointing out that I was sent the offer erroneously and that I could retain my exisiting membership, which I think expires any time now.

Comment

Working...
                              X