Hotel in CMB ? Hilton ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel in CMB ? Hilton ?

I arrive in CMB early in the morning and depart at 1:35am. I thought I'd book a hotel room to sleep, freshen up etc before my red-eye flights (CMB-BKK-HKG).

There's a Hilton in CMB - any experiences from anyone ? (I have a freebie Hilton gold if that matters...) Or is another hotel recommended in CMB ?

(As for the other hotels on my trip starting next Sunday , I've booked the Westin Nagoya (2 non-consecutive nights - JPY 11,000/night for a single room and will see if I get an upgrade as a newly minted SPG plat) and the MO Singapore (stayed before) so far.

I'm looking for somewhere else in Nagoya the 2nd night but the Hilton is coming out at more than twice the SPG (which admittedly is, as I understand, in a not very convenient location)! I also have 3 nights in HK to sort out.)

Hilton for 1000 BMI miles.

SPG because you're a SPG slut.

PCs - value for money.

How many times do I have to tell you?!

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Hilton for 1000 BMI miles.

SPG because you're a SPG slut.

PCs - value for money.

How many times do I have to tell you?!
      Incidentally there's also a HI in CMB... *shudders*
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Although I have not tried the Hilton at CMB at other Hiltons I have a fairly good success rate of being upgraded as a freebie gold.

Comment

Hilton CMB experiences are here:
          http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...hlight=colombo

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
          I've stayed at both the Hiltons and the HI in CMB. The HI CMB isn't too bad...my report is here:

On my next overnight in CMB, I'm not going to bother going into town...going to stay at the Taj Airport Garden instead. They have a $68+tax prepaid rate that includes airport transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
            I've stayed at both the Hiltons and the HI in CMB. The HI CMB isn't too bad...my report is here:
            I've never stayed there. I was just being facetious and my comment wasn't specifically directed at the HI CMB.
            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I had stayed at Cinnamon Garden. I know many from the other board prefers to stay at Hilton. I guess it's because of points possibility as well as the proximity to United Airlines tix office. I remembered one time we went to have dinner at Hilton. But when it's time to go back to the airport, the hotel taxi was much much more expensive.

Comment

I've only stayed in Negombo, a beach town north. I stayed at he Jet Wing spa.

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                  I've only stayed in Negombo, a beach town north. I stayed at he Jet Wing spa.

Yes, I heard about Negombo. One of these days when going to SriLanka not alone. I heard the seafood there is fabulous.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post

Yes, I heard about Negombo. One of these days when going to SriLanka not alone. I heard the seafood there is fabulous.
                    Among many South Asian delicacies, but I only had Sri Lankan Spa food..........

Comment

Originally posted by QSG View Post
                      Among many South Asian delicacies, but I only had Sri Lankan Spa food..........
                      Hmm South Asian delicacies? I'd better think twice, thrice, and more. Otherwise, I will be hungry ...

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                        You're going to get more shudders when I tell you I deliberately seek out HI and HI express in places I visit.

Comment

You're going to get more shudders when I tell you I deliberately seek out HI and HI express in places I visit.
                          Won't somebody please think of the children???

Comment

Oh, really ? Weren't you asking me the other day about SPG PLT upgrades at Venetian Palazzos ?

Comment

Hope you ride this mode of transportation in the city, jhm! Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X