X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Today article: Flight of fancy: Fly the airline of your dreams

Singapore Airlines. "You gotta love those uniforms."

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/fligh...e_N.htm?csp=34

This article doesn't get much respect from me.

Best IFE: No mention of KrisWorld?
    Best Business Class: American???

Give me a break...
    But then again, it's USA Today we are talking about

Comment

Quote:"Perrin once again holds out Singapore as the airline to beat. But "if you've got kids, Emirates may be better, as it's got many more games you can play on the screen."

Strange conclusion only because the product content offer extends more than SQ's on games ?

At least SQ and EK are mentioned here. SQ utilizes the PAS eX2 inflight entertainment system with the highest resolution of any IFE at 1280 x 768 pixels. While EK opted for the PAS ICE (derivative of the MAS System 3000i) . Currently they will be upgraded to the eX2 on all aircraft in its inventory.

Emirates has been selected already for the best IFE in 2005 using its ICe IFE.

Comment

The Business Class "picks" are bizarre considering recent events in the last year.

The only caveat on Singapore's first-class offerings, Perrin says, is that the pitch on its 777s is just 71 inches. For tall passengers, Emirates' Airbus 345 with 86-inch flat-bed first-class seats may have the concept to beat, she says.
        SIA's bed is 80+ whatever inches too.

Comment

Randy and Wendy Perrin (from Conde Nast Traveler) have some smart things to say. I'm not too sure about the other guy, who seems to have concentrated only on US carriers...

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
            Quote:"Perrin once again holds out Singapore as the airline to beat. But "if you've got kids, Emirates may be better, as it's got many more games you can play on the screen."

Strange conclusion only because the product content offer extends more than SQ's on games ?

At least SQ and EK are mentioned here. SQ utilizes the PAS eX2 inflight entertainment system with the highest resolution of any IFE at 1280 x 768 pixels. While EK opted for the PAS ICE (derivative of the MAS System 3000i) . Currently they will be upgraded to the eX2 on all aircraft in its inventory.

Emirates has been selected already for the best IFE in 2005 using its ICe IFE.
            Comparing ICE and Wisemen, I would say ICE is better (at least in 2005). Comparing ICE and eX2, I don't think ICE is better
            Also, let's remember that ICE is not installed in all EK aircrafts just like eX2 not installed in all SQ aircrafts.

Comment

the traditional measurement of pitch is not really relevant these days with some of these beds since the advent of these new novel beds that utilise the space quite cleverly.

Comment

well, they shouldn't have taken out the Super Nintendo games for Gameboy games

Comment

Yeah, I read this article this morning and couldn't stop laughing. While I was happy to see SQ lauded in almost every category, I was sad to lose all respect for Tom Parsons when he proclaimed AA to have the best C seats. INSANE!
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    Yeah, I read this article this morning and couldn't stop laughing. While I was happy to see SQ lauded in almost every category, I was sad to lose all respect for Tom Parsons when he proclaimed AA to have the best C seats. INSANE!
                    Going by the airlines he picked, he doesn't seem to travel much outside the US. Or doesn't fly anything other than US carriers.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                    X