Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very cheap htl in Chicago or ORD airport - 17th May 2008

Hello....
    i've just bought a miscalculated ticket on LH from DUS to ORD for 178,20 EUR all inclusive.

The ticket is for May 08. I need one night accomodation in ORD. Being a very poor studend () my budget for accomodation is limited and i'm not high demanding indeed.

Do u have any suggestion for website or hotels matching my needs?

Thank you
    Luke
    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

OT: I missed the news about this mistake fares. Darn. Always unlucky not like u, LukeGT.

Comment

I've seen the airport 4 points for under USD80. This poor student considers that rather reasonable. The 4 points near Michigan Ave hovered at around USD140 the last time I was looking at it. Again, reasonable for the location.

Sorry for the SPG-centric perspective as I only look outside spg.com when there aren't any Starwoods in a given city. Try the budget chains like HIX?

Paging Chicago locals!

[ot]hmm missed the fare error too. could've used it as side trips or repositionings within RTWs. Oh well...[/ot]
      Last edited by KeithMEL; 18 August 2007, 02:33 AM.
      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Was the fare error in J or F ?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ Solitaire View Post
          OT: I missed the news about this mistake fares. Darn. Always unlucky not like u, LukeGT.
          It's still bookable!
          Hurry up

(u can use expedia.it or .es)

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            Was the fare error in J or F ?
            The fare is Y (S class.... good for accrual on UA MP). It's a promo fare for new flights ex DUS. Valid on LH only in May 2008.
            BTW, the fare is correct but taxes are miscalculated (only 50 EUR!).

I know.... mistake fares are another thing (in fact i called it a miscalculated fare), but at the end is not so bad the PPM if you credited on LH (as SEN) and it's definitely good if u credit flights on UA (as 1P or 1k)

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
              I've seen the airport 4 points for under USD80.
              That's indeed reasonable to me too.

Comment

Luke - are you wanting to stay near ORD, or do you want to be in the city? Are you planning on just doing a quick turn, or do you want to spend time in the city? Do you require something that will earn you points/stay credits, or are you okay with a Priceline stay? Weeknight or weekend?
                Last edited by cawhite; 18 August 2007, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Hi cawhite,
                  I'll stay there during a weekend. Points is better but not a real need.
                  I think a little visit would be nice (so staying in the city would be ok) but again i'm doing this as a sort of MR

And of course, if some other SQTalkers are there in those days, i'll be very happy to meet them

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                    And of course, if some other SQTalkers are there in those days, i'll be very happy to meet them
                    Sure you'll be. That's why you won't give the exact dates of the weekend that you're there.
                    Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                    The ticket is for May 08.
                    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

opppps......
                      17-18th May 2008!

arr flt: LH 436
                      dep flt: LH 437

Comment

I would start watching hotel rates now (if you see something <$200/night that's part of a major chain & it's one you can cancel with no penalty, I"d suggest booking it)...the National Restaurant Association show begins that weekend which has about 75k people attending. For the same reason, I'd also suggest booking something at ORD (again, something you can cancel with no penalty) as those properties will book up as the downtown locations become either fully booked or too expensive.

Looking at a few different sites, everything is either unavailable or considerably higher rates than they should be. If you think of booking something that's not a major chain & is "inexpensive" in the city (you definitely do NOT want "very cheap" in the city ), let me know before you book it...better safe than sorry. Your best option for that weekend might be to book a hotel at ORD & then just take a taxi back to the hotel from the city after you're done with your evening (plan on about $35-40 for the taxi).

If you have a preferred program (or two), I'd be more than happy to make some recommendations both in the city & near ORD. Likewise, if you find something that you'd like to ask me about before booking, please feel free to PM or email me.

It would be great to see you that weekend if I'm around.
                        Last edited by cawhite; 18 August 2007, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                          which has about 75k people attending.
                          Yikes - that sounds like a huge convention.!

Comment

Yo Man, check out:

http://p070.ezboard.com/CHICAGO-HOTE...icID=648.topic

READ all their stickies BEFORE bidding on Priceline. Hilton Palmer House for $84 is a steal. Nice landmark in Chicago. Try first for the "North Michigan Avenue" hotels. If you need help, post on their site...the moderators are happy to help -- but only after you've read the stickies...

Let me know your itinerary before you go and I'll help you with cool places to check out. OH, HUGE AL is from Chicago and goes back frequently to visit...
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              Yikes - that sounds like a huge convention.!
                              Just a few extra people in addition to our daily regulars...

FYI, the following area (River North/MagMile/SouthMichAve/Loop) major chain hotels are showing no availability for that night:
                              SPG: W City Center, W Lakeshore;
                              Marriott: Ren, Springhill Suites, Chicago Marriott, Courtyard, Fairfield Inn; Residence Inn
                              Hilton: Palmer House Hilton, Chicago Hilton & Towers, Hilton Suites, The Drake, Embassy Suites (x2), Conrad, Hampton (x2), Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites;
                              IC: Intercontinental.

Comment

Working...
                              X