SPG Properties San Francisco Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPG Properties San Francisco Recommendation

Could someone recommend a few decent SPG properties in San Francisco?

Nothing OTT / in your face like W hotels but something more sedate and 'new-ish'. Most of these hotels are relatively central and none have lounges except the one near the Wharf.

I've been to FT and have read reviews. Would like to know what your personal recommendations are and why? It woulp help me make my decision.

What about IC? Anyone stayed there? any good?

Thanks.

Le Meridien is the former Park Hyatt. You can occasionally find very good rates on Travelzoo.

Comment

westin st. francis is most centrally located, right in the heart of union square. le meridien is very new, and offers pretty good rates. the palace has the best service imo, outside of the st. regis, and they treat plats really good there. the st. regis is hands-down the best, but also much more expensive than the rest. whetever you choose, don't pick the westin SF market st. worst customer service of any spg property i have come across. my brother and i stayed there, and they had just washed down the parking area at the front of the hotel. there were no signs posted anywhere to watch your step. anyways, my brother fell really hard, and was badly bruised. on top of that, his iphone shattered. he said that he was ok physically, but requested that they replace his phone. they made him wait more than 4 months while they "conducted an investigation" into the incident, despite the fact there were multiple valets that saw the whole thing occur. it got to the point that we told them we were planning on filing a lawsuit for personal injury, as well as property damage, and only then did they cut him a check for the phone. left a pretty bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

Thanks Guys ... now I am even more confused with the multitude of opinions.
        I was recommended the Westin market St. Nevertheless, I expect to be staying in 3 properties over late June. Taipeiflyer, I'll consider Palace since you said they treat Plat well there. SPG have a 50% off at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
          CWhat about IC? Anyone stayed there? any good?
          I took a tour of it about a month ago. Pretty much a business hotel, but it is the newest property in the city and was built from ground up. Rooms are pretty nice and run around the USD$150 - 200 range -- which is great for SF and a very good bang for your buck.

It is, however, very impersonal. Lots of older suits running around and at the bar -- which had EXTREMELY slow service. It is a union hotel so this is to be expected.

Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
          le meridien is very new, and offers pretty good rates.
          LM did a renovation when the property changed hands a few years ago, but it really wasn't a major one. When I took a tour of it a year ago, the rooms almost looked the same and the furniture had not been replaced. Very worn. That said, the StarPicks rates there are quite nice from time to time. I used to love this place when it was a PH.
          HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
          X