Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying Miles and Cancelling Award Ticket Later

Greetings,

I'm a few miles short of an award so would like to take advantage of the purchasing miles for $40 per 1000. A few quick questions...

- If I later cancelled the award booking, would the miles be redeposited to my KF account or would I lose the purchased ones? The manual top-up miles form wording isn't entirely clear to me:

"Miles can only be purchased for a specific award flight and must be redeemed immediately. Miles purchased are non refundable. In the event that miles from a completely unused award ticket are redeposited into a member's account, any purchased miles will not be refunded"

- If I do the purchase online when booking the award, do I still receive the 15% discount?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by 000 View Post

"Miles can only be purchased for a specific award flight and must be redeemed immediately. Miles purchased are non refundable. In the event that miles from a completely unused award ticket are redeposited into a member's account, any purchased miles will not be refunded"
    You quoted the answer to your own question. How is that not clear?

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The bit I'm not sure about is redeposit vs refund.

I'm quite happy for the miles to be redeposited to my KF account for use another time.

But if they mean refund = redeposit (in addition not refunding my cash for buying the miles), then I'm more concerned.

What's your interpretation of it?

Thanks

Comment

Sorry 000, not quite sure where the distinction is.

If A=Miles and B=Money, then if your ticket is cancelled you'll get back A (IF the miles haven't already expired at the time of the cancellation) but not B.

Perhaps a quick call to KF can resolve any nagging scenarios like the 15% online discount.

Comment

Ok, got it. Thanks!

FYI it does give you the 15% online discount and offers you the opportunity to purchase the miles at the same time.

Comment

Working...
          X