Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are 380/77W F/J meals better than they were on 747 on same route?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are 380/77W F/J meals better than they were on 747 on same route?

Just wondered if the 380 or 77W have better catering/menus on routes where it's replaces the 744?

Have not seen a single difference other than the new servicewear (and now all F flights have the new style, I believe?)

Comment

Its pretty much the same in R and F on the 380 and 77W respectively as the kind trip report from SQFlyergirl comparing the two found out.

I do not find the meal service any different from the 747 services. Still good and still with krug and lobster

Comment

The aircraft type seems to have absolutely no effect on the meal services - the only three things that matter are date of flight, route and flight timings.

And this is one of the many things that indicates Suites is simply First Class by a different name - how can the "Class beyond First" have the same menu as First?

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfox View Post
          Have not seen a single difference other than the new servicewear (and now all F flights have the new style, I believe?)
          Don't know about all flights. A short HKG SIN i took 3 weeks ago had the old crockery.

Originally posted by Centurionman View Post
          Its pretty much the same in R and F on the 380 and 77W respectively as the kind trip report from SQFlyergirl comparing the two found out.
          I think it's pretty much the same, albeit good, whether it's a new plane or not. The servicewear is the only noticeable difference to me.

Comment

If the J meals on 747s are actually of the same quality as those on 77W/380 flights, I'd say they have done a great job with the serviceware.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
              If the J meals on 747s are actually of the same quality as those on 77W/380 flights, I'd say they have done a great job with the serviceware.
              Do you mean the galley hardware?

Comment

I was talking about the bowls, plates, glasses, etc. used.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  I was talking about the bowls, plates, glasses, etc. used.
                  I'm afraid I don't understand what you were getting at earlier. Care to elaborate?

Comment

I am just saying that with the new style serviceware (plates, bowls, etc), the dining experience feels to be of higher quality on the new J than on the old J (744).
                    I think the new wares are very nicely designed.

Comment

Same applies to F - I was never a fan of the old serviceware, but the new ones are much, much better looking.

Compare:

Comment

Oh yes, I totally agree. Last year I had the old style on SIN-CMB vv and new style LAX-SIN.

My original question was based on a dim recollection that someonce once commented on trip report that there were better galleys on 380/77W which allowed for slightyl different/better menus....

Comment

Working...
                        X