Bangkok flights: Food in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bangkok flights: Food in Y

In Economy, what food will they serve for SQ979 BKK-SIN? For dinner what are the choices and what is included on the tray? (eg starter, roll, icecream)

And, is the SFSM worth trying?

2 choices of main courses, roll and butter, dessert. No starters.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

dessert ex SIN to BKK is usually ice cream or some cheapo frozen thing, although i havent flown the sector on SQ in a few months
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

SQ doesn't seem to be very generous when it comes to regional flight meals. TG beats SQ on the SIN-BKK flights.

Btw, has anyone flown this route lately? What are the choices of meals?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          SQ doesn't seem to be very generous when it comes to regional flight meals. TG beats SQ on the SIN-BKK flights.
          Completely agree. If flying economy, better off to fly TG than SQ on SIN-BKK route. Lower prices and better meals too! As a guide, TG offers a starter, 2 choices of main courses, dessert, warm roll and butter, bar cart service (2 rounds sometimes) with full selection of liquors/wines/beers/soft drinks etc, full cans of drinks always offered with top up of wines and bread rolls and rounding off with a coffee/tea service.

On SQ, no starter is offered and the roll is cold and pre-packed. Also, no liquors are offered unless specifically requested. Only wines/juices/soft drinks/beer/coffee/tea on the meal cart. And you would have struck lottery if the crew offers you a full can of soft drink/beer.

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
            Completely agree. If flying economy, better off to fly TG than SQ on SIN-BKK route. Lower prices and better meals too! As a guide, TG offers a starter, 2 choices of main courses, dessert, warm roll and butter, bar cart service (2 rounds sometimes) with full selection of liquors/wines/beers/soft drinks etc, full cans of drinks always offered with top up of wines and bread rolls and rounding off with a coffee/tea service.

On SQ, no starter is offered and the roll is cold and pre-packed. Also, no liquors are offered unless specifically requested. Only wines/juices/soft drinks/beer/coffee/tea on the meal cart. And you would have struck lottery if the crew offers you a full can of soft drink/beer.
            Yes, you are right.

Comment

It seemed that SQ had re-instated starters on the economy trays on SIN-BKK sectors

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                It seemed that SQ had re-instated starters on the economy trays on SIN-BKK sectors
                what the? Amazing!
                My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Working...
                X