X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad experiences in First Class

Zurich - Singapore
    Suite Class
    The food was below acceptable quality. I found over 20 bones in the a piece of "fish filet".
    The wine one was not drinkable, heavy cork smell.

Hong Kong to Singapore
    Special Sea food meal
    The food was uneatable because the scallops were full of sand.

Does anyone else notices that the quality of the food in the front cabin is going down ?

Originally posted by BrunonSQ View Post
    Zurich - Singapore
    Suite Class
    The food was below acceptable quality. I found over 20 bones in the a piece of "fish filet".

Hong Kong to Singapore
    Special Sea food meal

Does anyone else notices that the quality of the food in the front cabin is going down ?
    Did you take photos?

Comment

If a wine is corked, send it back. End of story. It's not the airline's fault, nor something you complain about on the internet.

Comment

Zurich - Singapore
        Suite Class

Hong Kong to Singapore
        Special Sea food meal

Quit suprised to me. How come it was not checked during the preparation especially "scallops were full of sand" ?

You are joking right?

Comment

Could the "sand" be some sort of salt or garnish?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Could the "sand" be some sort of salt or garnish?
            The only garnish seems to be in the thread-starter, IMO.
            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

In my experience catering ex-ZRH on all airlines is generally good bordering on excellent.

Recently flew cactus ZRH-PHL and I was shocked at how meticulously my meal was prepared down to the actual grill marks on my steak. Even the FA commented that she never knew US Airways catering could look so good until she flew ex-ZRH.

Generally I know that ex-ZRH my meal will be exactly as the airline designed it to be, having said that any station can have a bad day.

Dan

Comment

Pardon my ignorance - but what does it mean to fly cactus? Coach? C-class?

Comment

Cactus is US Airways callsign

SQ's is a boring "Singapore".

I like BA's "Speedbird"

Comment

Thanks for shedding light on that, 9V-JKL! Learn something new everyday...

Comment

USAir (also known as Useless Air) is called cactus because their headquarters are now located in Phoenix, Arizona, a desert area that actually does have many varieties of cacti (plural of cactus?) growing.The HQ move was the result of a merger.

Comment

...a merger with America West which was nicknamed America Worst.

I lived a few miles from their gleaming HQ which was in close and clear, direct view of the east approach to PHX. Not a bad spot to be in really!
                        blog

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                          USAir (also known as Useless Air) is called cactus because their headquarters are now located in Phoenix, Arizona, a desert area that actually does have many varieties of cacti (plural of cactus?) growing.The HQ move was the result of a merger.
                          Your insights into air travel USA are appreciated!

Comment

May I suggest a split thread as we're going OT. Mods can always delete this post post-split.

Comment

Working...
                            X